Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

USMC sniper requierments

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by varmitmedicine, Jul 11, 2007.

1. I am a senior in high school and i am thinking very seriously about joining the Marine Corps...I was just wandering if any of you would happen to know what i would have to do to qualify to become a sniper??? :50cal:
  2. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

Jul 10, 2006
    Littleton, Colorado
    Here you go. There can be waivers for some of this stuff but not others.

The most common way is to after you get assisgned to your BLT. prove yourself and get your Fisrt SGT to get you a indoct try out and they will put you through the paces and see if you will qual for OJT or what we call the small school but you will eventually have to go to SS school when a slot is available. With the knowledge gained from indoct/advanced training your chances are lowered from being a drop at SS school but no promises.

I'll give the same advice that I always give... Follow your dreams but remember, you don't choose us, we choose you. When STA came to me I had zero idea what a scout sniper was and the only thing I knew about snipers was what I learned from TV and movies.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.