Used my reloads for 1st time in GSSF match. Not good!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by -Jeremiah-, May 18, 2010.

1. +1 for loading to capicity and letting them sit this has worked for a friend. also i have used jacketed load info for plated bullets and it works fine just keep it below 1200 fps although i thought i saw rainier posting 1500 fps max but don't quote me on that.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. This a great string of comments! There, obviously, is a ton of experience and knowledge in this reloading forum.

3. Like you said lessoned learned. Don’t worry I have shot around 70 GSSF matches and I still do mistakes like that. I did the same thing at are local match where I had to go home and shortened the C.O.L. after that it worked fine.
    Your load of 4.4 of WST should work at 1.120. For Maj Sub. You are using less powder; so shorting the C.O.L. increases the pressure. That load you got from Ed. He only uses in for Maj Sub, 7 rounds total. If you want too use that load for Amateur or the others ones where you load 11 rounds in the gun I would use Glock 21 mags. Or up your powder charge.
    I use G19 mags in my 26 and G17 mags in my G19 just for that reason. Trust me my mags are well broken in.
    Putting more crimp on a plated bullet is the wrong way too go. I would stick with the 200gr. Bullets. Everyone that I know that shoots GSSF and shoots Maj Sub use the 200gr. Bullet. I have tried the 230 and I find no reason too do so. Nothing else the 200gr bullet cost less.
    Also the bullet that Ed uses. The length of his just the bullet is .568. So that may also play into what length you need to seat the bullet. He gave me one at the Thibodaux match. I took it home and dissected it. Just have not had the time too load any up yet too try. I well be using the 200gr FP X-treme bullet.

4. Did they DQ you for using Non-Glock gear? Glock gives you a mag loader so I would think at a GSSF match they expect you to use only the Glock parts. :whistling:

5. Finally made it too the range today. Even though the sky opened up on us. So I only got too shoot the 20 test loads and 10 9mm rounds.
    I tried the 4.4 of WST with a 200 grs X-treme bullet at 1.186. I tried too chronograph 5 rounds but it would only register 4 with the 4 rounds I got.
    HI 698
    Lo 643
    ES 54
    AV 663
    I put 11 rounds in the gun and the gun cycled all 11 rounds. Granted it was only one try at 11 rounds. You would have too do more try’s too see it well work 100% of the time. I only shoot Maj Sub with that gun so I would only use 7 rounds in the gun. If I were going too use the G30 for the other courses of fire I would use Glock 21 mags just too be on the safe side.
    Because of the rain I was In a little bit of a hurry, so the accuracy test was not as good as I would have liked. Also the horse fly started too come out in droves.

6. and that is waaaay on the short side. what's wrong with the factory 1.272? :dunno:

7. An OAL of 1.245" is not short. OAL is very bullet specific. To get a round to work @ SAAMI max 1.272", it has to be a RNFMJ. Most SWC or TC need to be shorter to not engage the rifling. I load most of my 45acp, regardless of bullet style, between 1.220" (TC) & 1.260" RNL).:dunno: