close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

used laptop

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by capnjim01, May 28, 2009.

1. I need a notebook nothing fancy, run a few programs and maybe surf the web. There is a company called USA notebook.COM that sells refurbished laptops. They have an IBM Thinkpad T23 for $199 with a 6 month warranty the spec look like they are decent for my needs, 512 MB 30gig CDRW/DVD. Ok brain trust what are you thoughts?

2. BigSexy

BigSexy

Jan 26, 2009
    Fargo ND
    I picked up a T21 off ebay for 50 bucks shipped. It is in mint condition. I loaded up ubuntu on it and it purrs. Naturally it doesn't have a warranty on it, but oh well.

If you want to take a shot at ebay, you can get a bit better laptop (even a thinkpad) for 200. In that price range you'd be looking at a t41-3 range.

I'm a fan of ebay if the seller has a lot of good reviews. Picked up a mobo off there for my t43. It was shot and the guy was very quick about taking it back and refunding me.

3. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    I had a T23 back when they were new and it was a very solid laptop but if you are planning to run windows on it the specs are pretty light.

I don't know what you want to spend but you might want to take a look at Dell Outlet.
    http://www.dell.com/content/segmenter.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dfo

4. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

Why spend $199 for a used (read ... old and slow) laptop when you can get a new laptop for less then $400?

5. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

Dec 23, 2004
    Chandler, AZ