close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Used knife buy or not?

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Sechott, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Sechott

Sechott

Apr 24, 2012
    WV
    I am about to buy a NIB knife that I have been desiring for about 10 months. $125-150 less than new. The seller claims never used, sharpened or carried. I am a very tempted to take the chance, what do you all think? This is the only picture.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    It's a knife...Sorry not much to add. It cuts, it dices, it...Well it's a knife.

3. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Do you see it as a collector's item or something to use?

4. Sechott

Sechott

Apr 24, 2012
    WV
    I'm not sure about the collector status, Chris Peterson still makes them. This is the medium size almost 10" overall. It usually sells for $350+ I can get this one for $225 which to me is a great deal, if it is as the seller claims. They are hard to find very low production because he hand makes them. I am considering using it for hunting, skinning deer but I do have other knives for that so I might just display it in my home.

5. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Get it.

I do 90% of my knife buying on the secondary market. Close to 2k a year on average. My only advise is to stay away from E-Bay and support your local knife forums.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  6. Sechott

Sechott

Apr 24, 2012
    WV
    Ok I took the plunge, I talked to the seller over the before purchase that was reassuring. I will post better pictures in a few days. :supergrin:

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    That's what I'd think - what use is a knife to a person who doesn't want to sharpen it or cut with it?

8. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.

A lot of people look at it as an investment. Some people buy knives and decide they don't like them and pass them along.

9. Sechott

Sechott

Apr 24, 2012
    WV
    I don't have a lot of knives, I use the ones I have. This knife is meant to be used yet since they are rare it most likely will be collectible so I might not use it. I want to make that decision with this particular knife. So my question here was about taking a chance with the seller's claim. Anyway after talking to the seller I feel more confident about the purchase.