close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Used G-20's?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by 527varmint, Feb 25, 2010.

1. 527varmint

527varmint
    Expand Collapse

There have been 1 or two used G-20's up for sale in my area. I'm wondering what I should look for when examining a g-20.

I can't ever recall anyone haveing a major problem with their glock. Most feed issues seem to just be an old mag spring or something like that. Should I be worried about getting a lemon?

I am a little hesitant to buy a self defense gun used. But I guess if I put a thousand rounds down the pipe and make sure the springs are all new and it doesn't jam during that test it should be ok.

whats a good price? I could get one out the door new for about 600. Plus dros.

#1 527varmint, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. Leathernecker

Leathernecker
    Expand Collapse
    More Glocks!

I picked up a 2nd Gen G20 that is really well used. Usually, one only sees this much slide wear on a cop turn-in so I believe this thing had lots of holster time.

It also turns out that the previous owner(s) put a few non-stock parts in it, which I have issue with. I'll be further function testing it at the range on Saturday, and if anything acts up, out it goes. I prefer my Glocks to be near stock.

I know I've strayed far from your question. I'd say that under 500 bucks with both high capacity mags is a decent deal. The closer to 400 bucks you can get, the better. For more than 5 bills, I expect a pristine pistol, inside and out, with stock internals, and all of the pieces that it came with (box, rod, brush, mag loader, etc.)

3. bush pilot

bush pilot
    Expand Collapse

I picked up a 20C in mint condition last fall for $400.00 OTD. I made the mistake of telling a friend about the deal and he conned me out of the gun. He's smarter than he looks.