close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Used Blackhawk prices?

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by ghostrider775, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ghostrider775

ghostrider775

Jan 24, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Hey everyone, I found a late 70's vintage .357mag "New model Blackawk" with a 6.5" barrel (blued) It seems to be in great condition and I was wondering what a fair counter-offer would be to the shop's $400 price tag. The bluing seems about 90%, it has a slight turn ring on the cylinder, bub the grips are a bit beat up. I know I can get a brand new one from Bud's for $459 or so, which creates my dilema with this one.

2. den888

den888

Sep 4, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I like the older New Model Blackhawks better (finish and quality are better). I had one from 1985 and I loved it. I think $400 is pretty reasonable. I would offer $350 and do the deal at $375 if he moves on the price.

3. cphilip

cphilip

Oct 17, 2006
    Clemson SC
    Some of the older ones, flat tops in particular, are becoming a bit more collectible. I think $400 is not that bad if its in great shape. How bad do you want it for just $25 or so more?