close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Used 930...

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by beaversgs, Dec 19, 2012.

1. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    Recently got a used 930 and it doesn't want to run. Have only tried birdshot so far. I put a different stock on it. Would the tightness of the stock bolt have any effect on function? If not, what could be some other issues to troubleshoot, before I take it to my local smith?

Thanks,

GregB

2. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    If it is 'new' or near new, break it down and clean and oil it. Then run a couple hundred of high brass loads that are more stout. This should help break it in just fine and run better.
    Run some buck, slugs, steel and heavier dove loads.

3. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    I don't think that the stock bolt is your problem, but you could always back it off a 1/2 or full turn and see if that helps. Cross bolts are more common problems prone to over-tightening.

4. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

Mar 14, 2011
    Florida
    Mine never ran low brass bird shot well. It's meant for hotter loads and those work a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The 930 isn't really sprung for birdshot but they seem to run it well enough after a thorough break-in. As long as it functions with full power loads as it was designed I wouldn't sweat it. Me and a friend both have them, keep them lubed and they run well.

6. Rustydude

Rustydude

Mar 7, 2006
    Daytona Fl.
    Since you probably had to break it down to change stocks, break it down again, give it a good wipe down and reassemble, making sure all the parts are there and in the right place, check a schematic if you have any doubts. compare the new stock to the original, do they look the same? some composites might have some plastic "booger" in a place it shouldn't. was the stock bolt replaced too? it might be too long after tightening and the protrusion binding up part of the bolt. Darn Gremlins.......

7. beaversgs

beaversgs

Dec 3, 2001
    Boone, NC
    Took it apart, cleaned and oiled it. Ran 25 rounds of birdshot without a malfunction. Hopefully that's all it needed.

GregB