close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Used 36 looking good

Discussion in 'Thin to Win - G36 Club' started by 5803, Jul 4, 2011.

1. 5803

Mar 29, 2009
    Held off for quite awhile on a 36 due to the reliability issues that keep getting mentioned. Then, a friend who had two, sells me one that was a former LE back-up piece, with Truglo night sights and two mags for $390. Couldn't pass it up. Cleaned it and took it to the range; put 50 rounds through it as fast as I could of military TZZ Israeli 230 gn. ball. Flawless. I think a firm grip is important with this model.

Just ordered a Comptac holster IWB as all were 20% off today for the 4th of July. The 36 is nearly the size of my Colt Cmdr, but a lot lighter. At least for summer carry, it seems to be a good one. Will take it to the range later in the week to try a variety of carry ammo; WW, Speer, Remington, Hornady, etc. Will see what it likes.

Regarding holsters, every trainer in the world will say when it comes to a Glock, carry only in a holster specifically for the model that you have.

5803 / USMC

2. Pecos Bill

Pecos Bill

Aug 20, 2010
    West Michigan
    I agree with you. A firm grip is important but I find that to be true of most semi autos.

Congrats on the gun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

3. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas
  4. ltj9296

ltj9296

Jan 8, 2005
    Georgia
    You got a good deal on a very good ccw pistol. Easy to carry and conceal, the G36 is hard to beat imo.

5. 5803

Mar 29, 2009
    Back to the range yesterday with handloads / 230 FMJ. Still running 100%.

6. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Nov 23, 2009
    Ohio
    I've had my G36 since 2000. So it's not one of the "new & improved" models, so to speak. And I've never had any problems with mine whatsoever. One jam in probably 1,000 rounds and it was ammo-related.
    It's my EDC.

7. jv56

jv56 member

May 27, 2002
    East Pasco
    I had a couple in the past, but just got a used one today in trade, it has been awhile and it feels pretty sweet, if it shoots without any problems. I will know tomorrow.My new carry, however the 27 is great carry also.

8. G36_Me

G36_Me

Aug 4, 2009
    My G36 eats all ammo except one type of 185gr LSWC due to the bullet profile. I have another 185gr LSWC that it eats like candy.

Of course, it eats 230gr FMJ perfectly.

I love to shoot the gun. I have -Connector on it and reduced springs. It's a crazy good trigger. I also added night sights.

The size, weight and power make the gun a real easy carry. I especially like the gun in the hot crappy sweaty weather of summer. There's something comforting about a reduced worry of rust and corrision that makes me reach for the G36 this time of year.

And did I say: the gun is very accurate? Well, it is!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  9. Twoglocks

Twoglocks

Jan 30, 2011
    I shot my new G36 yesterday and try using right hand left hand and let it fly upwards and no hangup