close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Use red lock tight on front Glock trijicon sight orother threadlocker?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by alfred10, Oct 3, 2011.

1. alfred10

alfred10

May 18, 2008
    I bought Trijicons for my Glocks. I have the sight pusher and front sight wrench. I want to use thread locker. Can I use red lock tight on the front sight? Is the gun tight and other versions basically the same? I can get loc tight at walmart is it worth it to special order the other stuff?

2. vmann

vmann Controller

Jan 22, 2010
    DFW
    i personally would use the blue...the red is very hard to get off, its considered permanent unless you use heat to remove it...some will say they use the red, but the blue would be my choice....try autozone

3. Blue all the way. I use it on every set I install and nobody has had any issues. You pretty much have to break the sight off to replace it if red was used.

4. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    I have used Blue Loc Tite on over a half dozen handguns over the years and have never had one come off or loose,JMO. SJ 40

5. SigChef

SigChef

Mar 30, 2009
    Red for me. You only need one little drop on the screw. That is more than plenty and is not impossible to remove.

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    i use red, never a problem getting anything apart with red.

7. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Dec 25, 2010
    Umm, Earth!
    i dont use any, because i change sights often. sometimes monthly for competitions and then a different set of bullseye and then a different set for defense.

8. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have installed many and use Red unless the owner wants Blue. I have never seen one fall off when using Red but have seen it using Blue. You may need a little heat to remove the sight with Red but it will be there until you want it removed.

9. beancounter81

beancounter81

Oct 10, 2009
    NC
    I have used both red and blue. I used red once. It typically requires some heat to break it loose if you want to change sights later but a cigarette lighter generates enough heat - you don't need a blowtorch. That said, I use blue loctite on all my sights now and have yet to have a problem.

10. jack76590

jack76590

Aug 15, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  11. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Nov 22, 2010
    BMT, TX
    Looks like red - one small drop. Blue - all around the screw.

can't go wrong either way.

12. sciolist

sciolist

Nov 11, 2009
    PNW
    If it's going to stay on, I use red. It's not difficult to remove on small bolts.

13. *Paladin*

*Paladin* Will travel....

Mar 12, 2009
    Southern Utah
  14. Twoball

Twoball

Aug 21, 2004
    Louisiana
    What if you mix a drop of RED with a drop of BLUE....you'd end up with VIOLET

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011