Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

USB Flash Drives: the greatest invention since sliced bread

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by The Pontificator, Aug 7, 2004.

1. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Sep 18, 2000
    What a great invention...transferred 400+ MP3's and 700 jpeg files in no time. :)

Now I can retire that old computer. :)
  2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    They are absolutely indispensable to me as a full-time tech.

I use mine every single day I work.

Whether I'm using it to bring updates and such to a client's PC/laptop, using it to circumvent failed CD-ROM or Floppy drives, or grabbing the address book/favorites/various other files before a re-format--I too am a big believer in the powers of these wonderful devices!

Too bad the 1000MB SanDisks are so spendy, though. I need to get one soon but I am not looking forward to it. The 128MB and 256MB Cruzers I have are usually big enough...but not always!

Best regards,

3. Dieseler

Dieseler Temet nosce

Jun 10, 2004
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I have a cheap 64mg I bought awhile back, and I love it! Especially when it comes to giving PP presentations with graphics!
  4. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    you can now throw away your floppy drive.
  5. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Feb 23, 1999
    I'm gonna get one soon, but I've been using a 20Gig Fujitsu HD ($65.00 on eBay) that I stuck in a generic USB2.0 2.5' housing ($15.00). USB Powered, little bigger than a deck of cards, 20GIGS!. Hard to justify spending $75 on a 512Mb stick when I got 20GIGS!.

Still, I'll get one. Can't beat the durability and portability of something you can stick on your keychain. Could stick SP2 on one of those pretty quickly.
  6. jrny

Oct 23, 2001
    And if you are running Win2K or XP and do not logoff or lock your desktop, so can anyone else!
  7. Roger C

Roger C

May 9, 2000
    VA, USA
    My laptop that I use as a primary box at work doesn't have a floppy drive, and I've never missed it.

I am up to three of those 256M flash drives, though... ;f