close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Usain Bolt

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by Hyksos, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Hyksos

Hyksos

May 15, 2008
    Jupiter/Miami, FL
  2. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    Wow thats pretty cool. I never would have guessed.

3. That he's a free mason? Or the stuff isn't hooked up? What am I supposed to look for?

4. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

Yeah it appears he's a freemason. I can't imagine someone wearing a freemason ring and not being a member.

5. Nothing supprizes me.tom.:cool:

I have seen non-masons even anti-masons wear rings,have emblems on their cars,etc. When challenged they had no clue.I really don't understand their motives but they do have them none the less. tom.:dunno:

6. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
  7. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    I have seen non-masons even anti-masons wear rings,have emblems on their cars,etc. When challenged they had no clue.I really don't understand their motives but they do have them none the less. tom.:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Wow. I wouldn't DARE wear mason emblems, since Im not a member. Why would you mess with a society with that many secrets? Especially one as powerful as the Freemasons.

8. Rally Vincent

Rally Vincent Bipolar

Feb 16, 2003
    The Bar.
    They are all about being animated and loud.

9. Hyksos

Hyksos

May 15, 2008
    Jupiter/Miami, FL
    I can attest to that. Ever seen Shaq's ring?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53MvoTktWss"]Shaq shows of Freemason ring on NBA TV - YouTube[/ame]

"That's the ring of my profession, you don't know nothin' bout that"

Also Rabbi,

Jamaica also has Mainstream lodges. We have a Brother whose Jamaican and when he first came to the lodge they made sure he knew about Prince Hall lodges (just in case he wanted to join one). He basically said "no thanks . . . my grandfather was mainstream in Jamaica and I want to be mainstream here."

It's very possible Usain is not Prince Hall is all I'm saying. I haven't been able to find anything on google about his lodge or Grand Lodge.

10. Hyksos

Hyksos

May 15, 2008
    Jupiter/Miami, FL
    It's not a big deal. I see them sometimes too, but there's nothing you can do. Besides, anyone who isn't a real Mason will be outed within a matter of 30 seconds. It's pretty easy for a Mason to know if someone else is a Mason just by a few questions and the words they use to describe various things.

One time a guy behind me in line at the bagel shop had a Masonic hat on. I turned around and said "nice hat, so mote it be."

He had no idea what I said, and within about 20 seconds of conversing with him, he said "I bought this hat at a yard sale."

11. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

Yeah. Just representing something like that when you aren't part of it is silly.

12. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    I understand that he may not be Prince Hall. My comment was more about them raising people on the spot (which is what the intel is on Shaq, who is Prince Hall)

I dont know. I really dont. I only have "what I hear" and I have no way of knowing how true it is. Again, the intel is, they put a lot of effort into getting their brand out with big names.

13. Hyksos

Hyksos

May 15, 2008
    Jupiter/Miami, FL
    This is true. Shaq was made a Mason at sight by the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts PHA. I believe this was done because he was retiring and he was going to be leaving Boston to move to Florida. The Mass. Grand Lodge wanted to claim him so they made him one at sight.

14. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    considering the meaning of freemasonry to many of us, and how we strive to grow, it's more than silly. it's disrespectful. but,that's just me.

i don't claim to be a freemason, i am one, and would like to see many more take those steps. maybe, this world would become a better place.

i wish the man with the hat would maybe talk at length with one of us. maybe he'd realize it's worth putting that hat to good use.

rant over

15. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

Yeah, I've considered it in the past. I need to do more research about it. It seams that alot of great Americans of our past and present are Freemasons. I don't know alot about it, but it seems like its about being a good person and a good member of the community. How does one educate themselves about it to see if it is for them?

16. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    honestly? talk to one. dead serious.therre are a few books around even a "freemasonry for dummies" that will give you some idea of what it's all about. you probably know a few as it is. i realised just how many i knew being raised.

you'll be shocked about a few things. we don't set the oil prices or pick the world leaders, and, personally, i've never ridden a goat. (a few rumors about us)

17. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

Yeah I have spoke to a guy at work about it that is one. I guess I was a little cautious about asking questions because I don't like being invasive about ones privacy. Mabye I'll bring it up again.

18. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    i feel like i can speak for him. you aren't being invasive. it is a journey we take to become better men. as it was explained to me, it makes good men better. at first, i wqas taken aback. won't lie. it has helped me to realize a lot about me. as a husband, a father, and a person. i have made some fine friends in all walks of life. yoiu'll see a decal on a lot of cars

2b1 ask1

we'll explain to the best of our abilities. there is nothing demeaning to your, or any religion, nor will you ever be asked to put it above your family. our lodge recently had a dinner where we all brought our wives (or s.o.....the lone bachelor of our lodge), i think my wife enjoyed it more than i did. here in pa, there is even a masonic motorcycle group (NOW, we're talking)

looking back, i wish i had asked my father, or brother in law's father more about it before they passed (my dad was a mater mason, b.i.l.'s was a past master), and i wished i had taken my first step in this journey much earlier.

ask your co-worker. i get the feeling he'll be happy to tell you what you need to know.

19. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

Thanks for that. Maybe I will.