USA is winner: Most drugged out country on earth!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glocksanity, Feb 15, 2014.

1. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-15/drugging-america-summarized-19-mind-altering-facts

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. I thought this was an Olympics thread.

4. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Patron

No, it's just another zerohedge thread.

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Reliable statistics don't exist for most of the world and there's plenty of it where nobody can get a prescription drug and women are lucky to even see a doctor.

A whole lot of statistics on crime and such are like that - all they really prove is that we keep better stats and make them more public than the rest of the world.

#4 Bren, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  6. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Not all MDs can be surgeons. So for those who are not, nothing wrong with making money from prescriptions.

And let's be honest, thank g-d we live in a country wealthy enough that over-prescription of medication is even a problem.

7. If the overall benefits still outweigh the risks, I say thank God we live in America where it's still possible to get those meds!!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

8. wjv

wjv

Russians just use Vodka. . .

9. You guys act like USA is the only nation that isn't a third world hell hole, it's not.

10. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Zerohedge: the Infowars of investing. HH

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Of course it isn't - there's Northern Europe, Japan and parts of Australia and Canada.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. Yes
    Were number one.....

Hookers and blow

13. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

But what if it turned out that those pills were a scam that did more harm than good for the majority of those who take them? Then would it still be a great thing?

The evidence is growing every day that "more harm than good" is exactly what a lot of those drugs are doing, yet they are still be over prescribed by doctors who KNOW THAT, but don't care as long as we have a system where you can make more profit by making people sicker, than you can by making them better. The medical industry is one of the few (aside from lawyers) that can actually do more harm than good for a customer, and then still get paid for doing it.

#12 Brian Lee, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  14. I don't know the answer. The many stupid laws they have enacted are just making it harder for the legitimate user to obtain their medication, while the druggies are having no problem getting it from other sources. I mean, there is just no common sense anymore. There are more laws now regulating narcotics than say, 30 years ago, but the illicit drug trade is just as big and probably bigger! So, should we deprive everyone of what they need just to stop the dealers and illegal users?! That doesn't make any sense! I know a few people with serious injuries and conditions that absolutely require stronger meds to keep them functional, myself included. Living with excruciating pain is no walk in the park, and some of today's meds are a Godsend to many of us.

15. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Hell yeah!!!

17. I guess you didn't read the parts about how prescription pain killers are responsible for more over dose deaths than heroin and cocaine combined?

Suicides are sky rocketing and guess what? They are a side effect of anti-depressants!

U.S Teens are 3 times more likely to be prescribed anti-depressants that Europeans teens? You think that is good?

We have a drug problem in the U.S. It has dumbed us down. Is that too hard to admit?

18. What druggies choose to do has no bearing on my medical treatment. Is that too hard to understand?

ETA: I misread your post. I'm talking about legitimate pain meds, not anti-depressants.

#17 snerd, Feb 17, 2014
  19. As long as hypocrites can pop their necessary prescription painkillers and in the next breath rant about illegal drug users, all is right in the world.

Because, hey, they don;t get high....they have a prescription, and they are just fine owning a gun and driving a car.

Now if we could just get rid of those damn weed smoking hippie scum.

20. People have been taught from a very young age that taking drugs is ok. The press on illegal drugs... that says one thing. But from a person 's earliest memories they remember taking medicine for one thing or another. The US has consumed 50%+ of all the worlds medication for years. Everything is about addressing symptoms. Rarely about getting to the cause. We've been brought up this way.

#19 Dave514, Feb 17, 2014
  21. Yes, "necessary" being the key word. So, I guess I'm an easier target than ranting to the doctors writing all the bad prescriptions. I'm just a small fry that has had 2 major back surgeries and have to take meds for the pain. Sorry if that bothers you.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Ohub Campfire mobile app