close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

USA ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by NHmike, Apr 14, 2011.

1. NHmike

NHmike
    Expand Collapse

I just ordered 500 rounds or .380 FMJ"s from USA ammo.

I did the research and the cost of the ammo + shipping it still about 2 cents cheaper per round than anything local or anything That I found on the net.

I find it weird that the package left Indiana and went Northwest instead of North East toward me but oh well.

Also, I see that they also make hollow points, not sure if these are carry quality but looks interesting.

Anyone ever order from usa ammo?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger
    Expand Collapse

I considered ordering untill the shipping cost popped up. After factoring the cost of shipping, WalMart ammo cost about the same for factory new, non-reloads and I don't need to get 500-1000 rounds at once.

3. NHmike

NHmike
    Expand Collapse

I found shipping to be reasonable. Do you think it is high??

I compared to what I found on ammo engine and the shipping seemed fair.

4. HotRoderX

HotRoderX
    Expand Collapse
    Gen4 BETATester

It will depend on where you live I found there shipping to be almost 10 dollars more then the place I go to online.

5. TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger
    Expand Collapse

Their shipping prices aren't bad. I guess it's the combination of paying shipping and the price for bullets out of used brass that kinda gets to me when i can find new factory ammo for about the same or less.

I don't buy bulk reloads so going to the local Walmart for 250 rounds of TulAmmo at $14.99 for box of 50 rounds + 8.1% tax is still $12 cheaper than ordering USA AMMO reloads online.

The WWB is factory new and cost about the same as if I were to order USA AMMO reloads.

#5 TriggerFinger, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  6. NHmike

NHmike
    Expand Collapse

yes, i have got a lot of Tulammo in 9mm and .223

I think I am paying almost $9 for tulammo in 9mm. That makes the usa ammo a bit more but I see the USA stuff being higher quality due to the brass cases, easier in the pistol. Plus I was told not to shoot steel thru the P238. Don't know if that is true.

Don't forget that I bought .380 which is a bit more that 9mm usually.

7. NHmike

NHmike
    Expand Collapse

care to share the addy?

8. nkresho

nkresho
    Expand Collapse

I just got back from the range putting 200 9mm and 200 .45 of the reman USAAMMO.com stuff. Brass looked great, not dinged up, rims looked good too. A couple boxes had the brass coated in a nickel-type coating. Not sure what that was about. Not all of it was like that.

It was a little dirty but all shot well. I had one light 9mm round that didn't cycle the slide all the way back on my g26. Stovepiped it and I had to pull the mag to clear it.

The .45 seemed to have a little more ash than most ammo I have shot. Had a little bit on my arms after I was done. Guns looked as clean/dirty as usual.

I went through a box of federal champion 9mm afterwards as well as a box of magtech .45 just to make sure I had a good feel for the reman stuff. Felt very similar. I couldn't call one or the other more powerful loads.

Overall, I am pretty impressed with the reman ammo. I only bought 500 rounds of each caliber. Might have to order a thousand of each next time.

9. HotRoderX

HotRoderX
    Expand Collapse
    Gen4 BETATester

sure I go to ammotogo.com

500 rounds of 380 would be 150.05 with shipping.

10. NHmike

NHmike
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I will look again!

11. NHmike

NHmike
    Expand Collapse

USA ammo was still cheaper for me. Although now I have more sources. Thanks!