close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

US to give 1.5 billion to Egypt military

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by herose, Mar 24, 2012.

1. herose

herose

Jun 13, 2006
    Kentucky
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...aid-to-egypt/2012/03/22/gIQA3B3UUS_story.html

Well we wouldn't want the muslim brotherhood to have to pay for their own bullets would we. :steamed: GOD these people have to go!!!

2. I'm finding it difficult to formulate a sentence that can pass the expletive filter. *I am really at a loss to understand how this administration can ignore laws and the Constitution to the degree that they are.

Merriam-Webster definition of anarchy

It seems to me the only reason this administration fails to meet this definition is because they are part of the government, yet they are ignoring the law.

3. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

& this money is coming from .... where ? ....:shocked:

4. chickenwing

chickenwing

Sep 24, 2010
    Simple way to solve this. No foreign aid for anyone.

5. MZBKA

MZBKA

Apr 14, 2004
    At least this has caused foreign aid to become an issue. We've been handing Egypt billions of dollars under previous presidents and nobody said a peep. Hopefully, Republicans will start pay attention.

6. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I am trying to figure out how Congress will blame this on the Federal workforce. I am sure they are brainstorming right now...:supergrin:

7. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
    Clearly you are an anti-Semite, Israel hating, un-Patriotic American!:tongueout:

8. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    and how much more oil are they going to give us in return?

9. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    No aid to any hostile power.

originally, we gave aid to keep them out of the Soviet camp.

Not sure Russia has an interest anymore.

We'll sell em stuff for their oil, i think they pump a bit. We don't owe them anything.

10. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Yet another brilliant example of US foreign policy. :rofl:

11. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    winning!:rofl:

12. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008
    What amazes me the most about this story is not how stupid the Obama administration is, but how little attention this story is getting in the press.

Doesn't anybody realize how much money this is!!??

13. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
  14. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Source?

My understanding is the money Egypt has been receiving is to keep them playing nice with Israel, as part of the 1979 peace accords engineered under Carter. American taxpayers have been paying to keep Israel and Egypt from warring again.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/node/729931

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  15. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    You're absolutely correct. Think of how much money the American taxpayer could save if we cut them both loose.

16. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Always amazes me some of the things I read on this forum. A shocking number of posters just make up whatever they feel like and pass it off as fact.

17. Reheater

Reheater Yarr

Not quite. But hey ignorance on a subject never stopped anybody in this forum.

Look fact of the matter is we sold a lot of stuff to Egypt. Example, they are the forth largest operator of F-16s in the world. We sold them D model Apaches (at over 30 mil a piece). We've sold them C-130s and produce M1 Abrams under license. We operate joint training with them under "Operation Brightstar" which is a major training event for both the 6th Fleet, the Air Force, and CENTCOM.

There are currently task forces of US advisers operating in the Sinai and other locations to help them learn how to use all the billions of dollars of hardware they've bought from us. We do the same with every country that writes a big enough Check. And we arent the only arms producers that do it. Think about it, when you buy a brand new car you get support from the Manufacturers. You think a country penning a XXX million to XXX billion dollar contract for a metric butt ton of Military Hardware wouldnt expect a little help in figuring out how to use it. I know a couple other pilots right now that operate out of the Sinai teaching these guys.

So yeah if giving a country 1.5 Billion in aid is what makes the difference between a US company like Boeing getting a Billions of dollars in contracts rather than letting them go to Russia or France, well damn if we dont have to sweeten the pot a little.

18. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    We wouldn't save money?

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul

19. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    Sweeten the pot with tax payers money, so people at Boeing gets billions of dollars in contracts.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul