US senators propose assassination court to screen drone targets

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by RussP, Feb 8, 2013.

1. RussP

2. Loading...

3. "Death Panels" They're not just for Healthcare any more!

4. WT

WT
    Millennium Member

It will be interesting to see how they handle the Separation of Powers.

5. Think Congress will ever again insist upon having its Constitutional power/prerogative to declare a war before the nation is put into one honored?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

At this point do you really think any politicians (R & D) in the kenyan's regime care about that? All these jack-o__s are jockeying for position in the UN Global Power Appointment scheme.

#5 SPIN2010, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  7. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Almost whatever it takes to kill the bastards is good enough for me.

8. WT

WT
    Millennium Member

I don't think the Executive Branch will want to review every decision with Judge Scalia. POTUS wants to run on his own unhindered by courts...or Congress.

9. Sort of like a dictator. Or king. No restraints or oversight. No checks and balances. I can't believe so many here have no problem with this!

10. UtahIrishman

Silver Member

I'm uncertain about this. tagged to think about.

11. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member
    CLM

I wonder how long they will claim that it is "due process," because they created a process. I wonder if hey will try to claim the Supreme Court won't be able to hear any challenge of it because nobody who hasn't been approved for a drone strike has a complaint, and the only way to know you're on the list is when a missile hits?

Sounds like bad fiction. The government declaring someone outlaw without a trial (and chance to challenge he findings is one of those things we were supposed to have gotten rid of in the late 18th century.

#11 Texas357, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  12. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Seems Congress is a little jealous... a "kill list"? Yeah, they're going to want in on that...

... which is cool and all, as long as we all agree who "the bastards" are...

I'm sorry - before THE GOVERNMENT determines who "the bastards" are... what could possibly go wrong with that?

#12 QNman, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013