close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

US Gen4 Glock 20 Info

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by chucky2, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chucky2

chucky2

Sep 26, 2011
    (I still have not gone to the somewhat nearby rental range and shot a bunch of pistols to see which one I like best, so I might not even get a Glock/Glock 20, however, thought I'd pass this on.)

I wrote Glock US and asked when their Gen4 Glock 20/29 would be released, and they promptly wrote me back (a good thing) and said they could not say, that Glock Austria made the call on that.

So I looked around on Glock Austria's website, and the only e-mail address I could find was this Impressum@glock.com e-mail address. I figured what the heck, I'll try asking them. A few days after the auto-reply, I did end up getting a response (which after receiving it, and asking if I could share it, I received no reply), here it is:

Thanks for your interest in our products and company.

The G20 Gen4 is currently being tested and evaluated and are in the final stages for the launch.
    We have seen some very good results and therefore expect the launch within 1H2012 latest during the NRA Show.
    The G29 Gen4 is in the pipeline.
    Our sales subsidiary GLOCK Inc. will promote and communicate the pistol launch accordingly.
    Our recommendation would be to wait with your purchase.

We hope the information is sufficient and thank you for your support.
    Best regards,

GLOCK Ges.m.b.H.

So for those waiting on the Gen4 Glock 20's (as I am if I like the way the Glock 21 shoots over anything else I try), it sounds like they're getting close to release.

Chuck

2. oceanbob

oceanbob

Jun 26, 2010
    I'am going to the SHOT SHOW next week in Las Vegas. One of my goals is to ask GLOCK about the G20/29 Gen 4 release dates. :cool:

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Woohoo! Thanks for sharing the information. I will go and update my list for 2012 now...

4. chucky2

chucky2

Sep 26, 2011
    The concept I like about the Glock 10mm is that I could buy different barrels (.40S&W, .357SIG, 9x25Dillon) and reliably shoot those as well. These aftermarket barrels exist for the current Glock 10mm's.

Does anyone know if the Gen4 Glock 10mm's will be able to take these same aftermarket barrels, or, are they going to require new barrel designs?

5. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    I don't know about the barrels or if the locking blocks will be the same as the earlier gen 2 & 3. With the feeding issues that many are seeing with hotter ammo and the G-20's it will be interesting to see what is what!

6. chucky2

chucky2

Sep 26, 2011
    Makes sense...we'll all just have to wait and see I guess in the end, no way to know until they come out and you knowledgable folks have a chance to see what's what.

7. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    Could someone please nail this down, for me?

What is "1H2012" ?

When is the NRA Show?

TIA :wavey:

8. oceanbob

oceanbob

Jun 26, 2010

The NRA show is in St Louis in May....and 1H2012 means 1st half of the year 2010. (first 6 months)

9. TDC20

TDC20

Apr 11, 2011
    Actually, the NRA show is in St. Louis April 12 - 15, 2012.

10. awdxtc

awdxtc

Jul 8, 2011
    PA
    I also thought about the barrels but to be honest with you, after shooting the 10mm I really don't want anything else and if I do it will be in a different platform. The only other gun I really want it a subcompact 1911 and if I could find one in 10mm I wouldn't even consider the 45 acp.

11. firemedic1343

firemedic1343 Not an Expert!

Feb 6, 2007
    San Diego, California
    The current 3rd Gen 10mm works. The problem with waiting is that you end up waiting even longer for the early adopters to do QA for Glock. We've seen it before, even with Gen4's. I'm tempted to be an early adopter, but I don't want to deal with issues at this point in life. I say go for a Gen3 if you want something that works.

But OP, this is great news for early adopters and all those who want to buy after the early adopters give their reports. Honestly, if you have to be an early adopter, then Glock is probably one of the best companies to take a risk on.

12. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    Thanks, for that. I reckon a "DUH", for me, is in order :embarassed:

Anyways, as for waiting for the Gen 4 20....I feel like it will be good to go, because the 21 Gen 4 was. :dunno:

13. Thanks. Smyrna, Glock USA, couldn't give me a straight answer on the release of the G20 Gen 4 when I called them. Looks like by the summer, maybe we'll start to see some of the G20 Gen 4s. G21 Gen 4s haven't turned up at the gun shows yet, but at Eds and Smyrna Police Dist. here in Ga. is the only place I've heard that has any of them. Still scarce.

14. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    The Marksman, in Puyallup, Washington has Gen 4 G21s. I've held them! :supergrin:

15. TACLOAD

TACLOAD

Oct 19, 2008
    Secret
    Jimmy's in Ft Walton Beach has Gen 4 21's. That's where I got mine.

16. RedLine Engineering

RedLine Engineering

Feb 18, 2012
    Sounds like the G20 Gen4 wait will soon be over. I contacted Glock and received this reposne on Feb 1.

"We have just been advised that this pistol has been submitted for approval to the ATF."

17. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I wonder if the frame on the Gen4 will be more ridged than the frame of my Gen3 that I could snap in two with my bare hands?

18. chucky2

chucky2

Sep 26, 2011
    Thanks for the update!

I thought Glock's were durable? What significance does this have to durability?

Chuck

19. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill