close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

US drones can tell if citizens armed...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by railfancwb, Mar 2, 2013.

1. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Sort of sounds like DHS wanted high definition and zooming capable FLIR, based on RussP's specs quote.

No reason for drones to be flying over this country in the first place. I wonder how many of these sorts of articles are pure disinfo or intentionally sensationalist and just meant to put fear into the populace about drone capabilities.

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Good thing none of that stuff could ever be installed in a manned police helicopter :whistling:

3. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Looks like it's time to put together my very own drone defense missile shield......:wow:

Think I'll start with a battery of these babies...

http://www.estesrockets.com/rockets/by-engine/e/002440-magiciantm

Sure don't want those drones catching me peeing in the back yard or sumthin':supergrin:

I know these things work....think I still have a few from 40 years ago that are still in low earth orbit....or at least ones I never found again after launching them..:supergrin:

4. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    Could a .308 do the job?
    What about 7.65?

5. Another news report says someone is now attempting to ban shotguns. Coincidence?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    This is pretty Orwellian.

7. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    You've been watching "Die Hard 2: Die Harder" again, haven't you?

8. Yes but to be fair more people smoke tobacco and more often. I don't think somebody could be a pack a day maryjane smoker, doubt they could even move after half a pack.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  9. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    From what little I have read. They fly too fast/high for most RC stuff. Its dang hard to fly into a moving target (even if you has speed/range/power)
    Shooting up is dang h ard to hit a target. How high do you think they fly? How much lead do you need for a drone?
    This assumes you even see the thing.
    BTW looks like they are getting a bunch in Grand Forks. (to patrol the border) We have so dang many illegals comming from Canada. (just to get away from health car I assume)

10. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    Your monotonous return to the same refrain regardless of thread topic makes one wonder what kind of flora might be a part of your "Florist" business.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  11. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

12. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    For all this drone talk... cops in choppers have been doing the same exact thing in every large city in this nation since the 70's. So now its a unmanned aircraft rather than a couple of guys with tech in a noisey chopper. Whats the difference as far as a citizens personal intrusion? Not much.

People make a big deal of a drone flying over a sporting arena but couldnt care less about the LAPD choppers that have been over and around their neighborhood for a decade.

Personally I do not feel violated if someone sees what they can see from a perfectly lawful place no matter if its a chopper, drone, balloon in the sky or a dude on top of a skyscraper with a telescope. If I am missing something sinister, please explain.

13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

14. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    Again? ... Still!

That Willis rant is the definitive Glock moment. That every detail of it is fiction has become ... Irrelevant!

15. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Joe Biden says just stick a shotgun out the window. Simple.

[​IMG]

16. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

It's more socially acceptable and easier to protect our borders from Canadians, than from the Southern border where the largest potential voter base comes from.

17. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

Even if you could fly a modestly sized RC airplane into the Reaper, it'd destroy your RC and fly home with nothing more than a few chips in its paint and body panels.

they're pretty tough, and damn big compared to an RC. You'd lose.

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl:

19. eccho

eccho

Mar 28, 2012

What the actual *blank*.

I've heard a lot of rediculous misconceptions about semi autos, but that is the worst.

Unless there's a "heavy artillery" section next to the hunting section I don't know about

20. Gonetodarkside

Gonetodarkside owl protector

Feb 7, 2006
    At what point do the useful idiots wake up? Is it when you are disarming and interring your fellow citizens? Or is it when they are done with you and line you up on the wall as well?

It seems there is no end of .gov employees willing to rationalize every little step towards the brave the world. Guess what guys, its gonna get you too.