close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Urgent all retired leo's

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by seanmac45, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    My apologies for the original post description of this bill. I thought it covered ALL LEO retirees. It apparently does not.

In a surprise move last evening the NY State Senate passed a New York State retired LEO exemption to the ammunition capacity aspect of the SAFE Act. It now proceeds to the desk of Gov Cuomo.

http://www.linkedin.com/groupAnswer...b_nd-pst_ttle-cn&ut=272Wqz5sTRV5M1&_mSplash=1

CALL the NYS GOV & Urge him to sign the NYS SAFE Act Amendment
    VERY IMPORTANT - TODAY!!! (lest you forget) Please call Gov Cuomo's office at 518-474-8390, PRESS 2 to leave a message & at the beep SAY:

I urge the governor to SIGN the SAFE Act Amendment NYS Senate Bill S4536 & my zip code is (state your zip code). YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, etc...

After you leave the message PRESS 2 TO MAKE PRIORITY & then PRESS # to send.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/...afe-act/?goback=.gde_1835955_member_251927630

Please take a moment and call his office to leave a voicemail urging him to sign this bill. To be honest you will be greatly assisting those retirees (myself included) who are stuck living here.

A signature on this amendment is a win for us all.

Thank you,

Sean

My apologies for the original post description of this bill. I thought it covered ALL LEO retirees. It apparently does not.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013

2. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    Glad to see retired LEO's can be trusted with eight or more bullets. This is a slap in the face to everyone else who obviously can't be IMHO.

3. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yeah, I figured the haters would jump in.

If you don't like it go piss in someone else's thread.

If there was a bill to be signed for everyone to be exempt I would push that just as hard.

But there isen't.

That's life.

Deal with it.

I gave 20 years of my life, my health, and my family time to the NYPD and the people of the city of New York. I've EARNED every single perk and exemption I receive, hundreds of times over.

It you haven't that's just tough.

4. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    No kidding. If it were a free state, it wouldn't be an issue.

5. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Now back to the topic, which is a plea for all active and retired LEO's to hit this issue hard on the phone for the benefit of us all.

6. Your kidding right? Of course he is going to sign it. There are close to 200,000 block voting union people that this will get him off there crap list.

7. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    NO it is NOT a free state. That is the reason for the existence of this thread. It is a request for assistance from fellow LEO's and it might benefit you one day if your travels bring you this way.

8. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Anyone who believes Cuomo will do ANYTHING for LEO's without coercion does not have a firm grasp on reality.

9. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    Not going to happen, my friend. I've started a list of places I refuse to go.

I've already been all around this country, and many places around the world. There's nothing I want or need that I can't find right here in the great [free] state of Texas.

10. The deal were make weeks ago and months ,

He has your unions promise already.

It will be signed.Its a valiant effort on your part but the deal was done weeks even months ago they were just saving it for the last night of session. I am surprised that you were in the NYPD for 20 years and have not realized how the business end of your job worked. Its a business deal and concession are always made. You give us this and we will give you that.

11. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have an excellent grasp on how politics work in NYC and NYS. Which leads me to my complete and utter distrust of ANY brokered deal or agreement until that document is signed and in effect. NOTHING is a done deal prior to that point. Political coercion comes from all directions of the compass right up until the end.

THAT is the lesson you learn after 20 in the NYPD.

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Good deal. Now if someone will get Sacramento to see the light... but I won't hold my breath.

13. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Jan 29, 2001
    In Existential Crisis
    Sean, I called.

14. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Agreed.

You want to live in a two-class society, move to Russia.

We're all Americans, or we're not.

I'm willing to hoist the Rigid Digit to anyone that favors this.

Divide and conquer, a communist tactic approved by most anyone not on the dirty end of the lollipop.

15. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks, brother.:cool:

16. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Let me repeat;

If you don't like it go piss in someone else's thread.

17. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

LOL

:wavey:

Hard to breathe up there on that high horse?

"Yes for me, but not for thee", the motto of enforcers everywhere.

18. Newcop761

Newcop761 CLM

Jan 29, 2001
    In Existential Crisis
    Bull****.

If you want this retirement benefit here's what it takes:

Apply for a LE job.
    Pass the written test.
    Pass a physical abilities test
    Pass a structured panel interview
    A credit check
    Security Interview
    Polygraph investigation
    Medical Examination
    Background Investigation / Security clearance

OK now you're hired. Go to the academy and train for six months, then a follow on field training program for another 4 months.

Serve for a minimum of ten years and then you'll be covered by the LEOSA in 18 USC 926C as a retired officer.

Good luck. You have a lot of work ahead.

19. xArcher

xArcher

Jun 23, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    Explain why a RETIRED LEO should be restricted less than a retired factory worker.

Call up the gov and say NO.

The retired LEO's should support the rights of all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.