close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Upgrading the Glock 20 for hot ammo

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Backroad Rider, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Backroad Rider

Backroad Rider

Jan 13, 2013
    I am considering installing a 20 lb. spring in my Glock 20 that has a 6" barrel because the heavy spring is supposed to work better for the hot ammo. from Double Tap and others. Anyone have any experience with heavier springs?

Also I am switching to lead free ammo because it has higher velocity and I have learned that it is almost impossible to clean all the lead fragments out of game shot with lead bullets; plus lead is highly toxic to some scavenger birds, condors, eagles, etc.

2. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Backroad Rider,

First off welcome to GT. I use a 22# spring and works great for every load from mild, to wild!:supergrin:

Lastly, the lead scare is more about bird shot, and being eaten by birds and such. Little to worry about them eating a 200 grain bullet. Would like to add, when hunting deer, or hog sized game, generally the bullet passes through, so again, no real concerns.