close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Updated Video on FHP Trooper who Arrested

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by James Dean, Oct 30, 2011.

1. James Dean

James Dean
    Expand Collapse

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

Well, you have to wonder how she knows its "his car".. if they never catch it. Lets face it, if they ever got close enough to get info on the vehicle, it would have been very easy to to report the vehicle to the agency.

Not saying it wasn't him (certainly could have been)...

IGF

3. Black Smoke Trail

Black Smoke Trail
    Expand Collapse

4. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Hand me some of that poppycorn, will ya?

I'm thinking I called it . . .

#4 Morris, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  5. James Dean

James Dean
    Expand Collapse

Yep You did Morris.
    I'd like to see the look on the faces of the people at his off duty job. Where's Lopez? He won't be in today he got arrested on his way into work for speeding.

#5 James Dean, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  6. 4949shooter

4949shooter
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

They couldn't "catch" a MARKED police car that speeds through their area all the time?

Really?

7. alaskacop556

alaskacop556
    Expand Collapse

Wow

I think the Trooper did the right thing initally when she saw the marked unit fly past her (thinking it was stolen) and everything up to placing handcuffs on another uniformed officer, unless there were other indicators that he was a danger to her (which did not seem that way in the video). A heavy ticket, ass chewing and days on the beach are definately in order here but the way the Trooper was talking about this being a constant problem with Miami, it seems this is a inter-agency issue that should be dealt with higher up in the chain and not arresting each other Super Trooper style. There may be times were cuffs go on; uniform or not, but this instance seemed a tad overkill...

8. nikerret

nikerret
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Awesome

tagged

9. SAR

SAR
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

If it was such an ongoing problem then why didn't FHP file a complaint with Miami PD in the past?

10. James Dean

James Dean
    Expand Collapse

Thats going to be the $64,000 question

11. siblueg

siblueg
    Expand Collapse
    Gray Area

I think she did a good job

12. StarfoxHowl

StarfoxHowl
    Expand Collapse

Finally got the video to work. Now, from where I stand on the sidelines here, I don't see the issue with her putting the cuffs on the guy. She doesn't know the guy from adam. A uniform and badge doesn't automatically guarantee that he's not going to put up some sort of fight, or that he's even a real cop (referring to comments in the original thread about alerts on fake cops in the area).

And if you're honest with yourselves, after a chase of almost five minutes with lights and siren none of you have NEVER gone somewhat heavy on the driver? Have NEVER worked out a little bit of that "contempt of cop" frustration?

And why not approach the vehicle with pistol drawn? Police car, driver may, maybe not have a sidearm, may or may not have a shotgun, mini-14, m4 carbine or some other long arm inside. I would think she's erring on the side of OFFICER SAFETY here.

At least she didn't go all apes**t on him like the NC trooper that pulled over a woman who took too long to pull over, trying to yank her out of the car, threatening her first with "liquid hellfire" and then going for his duty knife to slice her seat belt.

13. 4949shooter

4949shooter
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Exactly.

14. articulate

articulate
    Expand Collapse

This would be my nightmare scenario as the responding Sergeant... on either side of the incident.

It will certainly make a heck of a good oral board question!

That is all.

15. BWT

BWT
    Expand Collapse

She did what she felt she need to do. I now expect to hear/read about FHP vehicles being stopped and receiving tickets in Miami.

16. MVD

MVD
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm, first Trooper "Manfro" tells the officer that he scared the crap out of her because she thought the car was a stolen RMP. Later she says that she always sees that particular car hauling ass down the freeway all the time and van never catch it. Which is it maam? Or better yet, what did you write in your official report?

Yes, the Miami officer was driving like an ass (who hasn't before) but it seems to me that the trooper just had an axe to grind. The guy pulled over two minutes after she activated her lights and about a minute and a half after she actually gets behind him and turns on the siren. Don't know if you can consider that a "leading police on a high speed chase".

17. James Dean

James Dean
    Expand Collapse

Glad to caught that too

18. Sam Spade

Sam Spade
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

One of the interesting things about life is that it's possible for everyone involved in a dispute to be wrong.

19. CAcop

CAcop
    Expand Collapse

I kind of smelled pissing contest.

It happened here before I got hired. Our brass had to have a pow-wow with the local CHP captain because both sides were writing tickets to ech other.

20. EMTCOP

EMTCOP
    Expand Collapse

From the brief responses and general demeanor of the Miami PD officer, I got the feeling that he may be a newer officer. IF that is the case, I wonder how a veteran or ranking officer would have responded to the FHP Trooper. I think the trooper went overboard with the handcuffs. If she felt that the car was stolen, then why not treat it like a felony car stop and wait for backup, then get the driver out of the car? Her tone of voice and the fact that she approached the vehicle alone tells me that she was tired of speeding Miami Police cars. Her whole demeanor screamed "contempt of cop" to me.

The Miami officer should most definitely face some consequences if he was in fact operating the patrol car recklessly. I wasn't there, so I don't know.

Whatever the case is, I suspect that unless command staff from both agencies nips this in the bud before it gets started, things are going to get interesting between FHP and MPD.