close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Update on the Mobile Match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BamaTrooper, May 6, 2012.

1. mD5

mD5

May 23, 2011
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    I'll be there...I just need to buy some ammo.....

2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    We should have a vendor on site and there are several WalMarts nearby.:wavey:

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Ask around for me and we should be able to put you someplace working a score sheet if needed. Make sure you concentrate on your shooting first, helping later.

Hopefully ALL of available ROs will get a chance to shoot on Friday and thereby be ready to run the match on Sat-Sun and let the shooters worry about shooting.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the repeated squadding instructions are being retained by the ROs.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    First time match and we have 177 preregistered entries. We could break 300-350 if we get lucky.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  5. emtjr928

emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    Looks like I may bring a new shooter with me to join, shoot and get some RO training.

6. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    The more the merrier.:supergrin:

You planning on being here Friday to shoot and go to dinner? Make sure we get your friend signed up to help RO.

7. emtjr928

emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    Yes, ETA by noon your time!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    This address should get you close if using GPS

12251 Tanner Williams Rd Mobile AL 36608

The range is on the south side of the dam. Once you get on the start of the dam, there is a chain link fence, keep coming west until you see the gate (highly visible) and the signs. There may be a traffic officer but I am not sure.

9. Centrally located, decent climate, and a nice range and facilities with BAMATROOPER on top of things. This match should climb in attendance in future years too.

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    I appreciate the compliment and the vote of confidence, but this was the planning portion and the range was already here. what will make this successful is good ROs.

Looks like we will have 4 GSSF personnel to help on our innaugural match and I couldn't ask for better weather.:supergrin:

11. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    I begged and begged and Bama finially agreed to allow a few photos and autographs with his many loyal fans.

12. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    I don't even have a gable from which to agree:tongueout:.

13. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Malladus coming in from the west on I 20, SARDG coming from the east on I 10, Roadkill751 from the North on I 65; by God it might be the perfect storm:tongueout:

14. as long as you tell your co-workers to look the other way when we hit the border:whistling:

15. emtjr928

emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    I wonder if Jedi mind tricks work on Bama State Troopers?
    "Pay no attention to the Grand Marquis. These are not the shooters you are looking for."

:cop::quiet:

16. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    OK, last post here...from now on it will be the Mobile debriefing thread.

ROs coming to the range on Friday can get there between 12 and 1. Eat before you come and hopefully we will start shooting immediately following the RO briefing.

we should have light to shoot until a little after 6:30 if need be and we might let the people shooting 1 or 2 entries go 1st so they can start ROing the rest of the ROs.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Last I heard, we were at 189 preregistered shooters. I would love to break 300, so come early and shoot often.

17. Scooter921

Scooter921

May 13, 2012
    be there me and gearjammer getting in friday shoot saturday

18. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Was this meant for the Lexington thread or was there justa serious delay in submission and posting? :faint: