Update on the Mobile Match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BamaTrooper, May 6, 2012.

1. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

So EDE and I went to the range to meet with the SO range officers and decide what set ups to use. With out giving away the actual stage set ups, we are going to be able to run a 3/3/2 maybe a 3/3/3 depening on the number of ROs.

As we get closer, we will be recruiting ROs, preferably ones that can be there both days, but if you feel like volunteering, let me know.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    CMP 1911's - anybody catch this Update...? 1911 Forums Sunday at 8:15 PM
    Glock Certified Armorers Parts List - Updated General Glocking Friday at 11:36 AM
    CMP 1911's - anybody catch this Update...? General Firearms Forum Friday at 2:59 AM
    Update on my jacked up Sphinx SDP Subcompact & KRISS USA Customer Service General Firearms Forum Wednesday at 10:03 PM
    "Hang on, lemme update my status..." Cop Talk Oct 5, 2015

3. DEJ/FL

Millennium Member

You can count of the FL Panhandle guys!:wavey:

4. I'll be there 2 days, getting in Friday or maybe even Thursday night.

I would love :hearts: to help out over the weekend or on Friday if I get in Thursday night. No shooting lessons required - or wanted!! :phew:
  5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

It's a nice place, as nice as any range I've been too. Talking with the the two Mobile County SO guys putting the match on their biggest worry is making sure they take care of the shooters and everyone has a good experience.
  6. My philosophy too. Bama's described the venue to me - a few times. He's excited! :)
  7. let Morganton guide you and you won't go wrong.
  8. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

No walking up and down hills to get to stages and see which ones are running fast or slow. Bathrooms, registration and vendors within 50 yds. Possibly and extra M and 5toG on the rifle deck.
    We should have a practice rack and maybe D1s for checking sights on a pay per mag with proceeds to charity. Supposed to have an ammo vendor on sight and possibly Ed's Public Safety if they can make it (fingers crossed). The SO Reserve will be doing the concessions and the police explorers will be running score sheets and helping paste targets.

...and yes, Kitty, I AM EXCITED. I was informed that since I was the one doing the promoting and the one that pushed them to get it, they want me to make sure it works and they want to be able to worry about making it safe and fun so everyone will come back. Also, if this works, they might host some PPC and other shooting types.
  9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

If we have the ROs we are hoping for, we will have a relief squad or two and enough people pasting that the shooters will only need to shoot.
  10. at Topton last year the local boy scout troop did the pasting.
  11. We'll be there BamaTrooper.

Don Anderson aka Weagle
    Ed's Public Safety
  12. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

For those of you wanting to know which hotels are in the area, the Hampton Inn and Suites- Providence Park has agreed to be one of our host hotels. Right now the rate is $99 but I have heard their government rate is $94.

I am talking with another chain as well to see if they would like to offer a group rate for those that prefer the $60ish range. If it comes through, I will add their information.

Both the Hampton and the secondary hotel are around 10-12 miles from the range.
    #11 BamaTrooper, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  13. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Hey Bama,

Any Mobile home parks renting out housing for the match?:tongueout::rofl:
  14. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

I was at the range today and noticed that the new becnhes were built and installed. Tables are being built and they have 12 new pepper poppers that are being kept new until the match arrives.

Also, for those of you wondering, the GPS coordinates are:

LAT 30' 42 N
    LON 88' 19 W

...so put them in your GPS and see how long it might take you to get here :supergrin:
  15. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

I had you a spot for your trailer but you mentioned a tent and an overpass :dunno:
  16. Hampton inn will do group rates if you call and talk to the marketing person there that is what morganton nc done
  17. That IS a group rate, albiet a poor one. Regular rates:
    Reg Rack, $113
    AAA, $107
    AARP/Senior, $101
    Gov't $94

I just think it's poor because I already qualify for Gov't and want something better than that. :shocked:
  18. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

The 99 was the group rate. I think this one is a highfalutin' Hampton, but it close to everything you should need while at the match. Grocery, medical help, movie theater, restaurants, gunshops, ammo.
  19. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

So if you applied your government rate discount and your AARP discount and the GSSF group discount, they should owe you:rofl:

Kitty, did you check the coordinates and get a door to door distance? Also, I have a group of 30 Deputies and PD officers coming out tomorrow for a "match" run through. I get to be the RO, Safety officer and squadding officer and they all get to shoot. I may even yuse your stuff for a briefing:supergrin:
    This will give us a chance to see how sensitive the timers are, where we need vision blockers and expose the ROs to the scoring, sign up, etc...
  20. Call and ask them, will you? :tongueout:

It's 470 miles to the range for me.

My 'stuff' is good 'stuff' - and it mentions ready positions and trigger fingers. But you wouldn't forget that anyway. You still have cones in mind?

What about baffles between the stages? We spoke about that I think - but I forgot what you said.

ETA: Ever get to the Coast Guard Sector offices?
    #19 SARDG, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012

21. I agree that is high let me call and see what i can do last time i called and they gave about 80 for group function