Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

UPDATE...DD-214 Located

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by trapfan, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. trapfan

    trapfan Got Glock?

    Sep 19, 2001
    Michigan, U.S.A
    Thank God the VA was able to pull some strings and get me a copy of dads discharge. Since his service was HONORABLE he will get his flag and two active duty personal to present it. I thank all of you for your help in this matter as a funeral with military honor was one of dads requests.....Trapfan
  2. GlockinHood


    Sep 29, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear about your father but I am happy he is going to get the honors he deserves. GodBless.


  3. Vic303

    Vic303 Senior Member

    Mar 15, 2003
    Sorry to hear of your loss. If you have trouble getting your Dad's service records, you can request help from your Fed Congresscritters. They've been helpful in my husband's search for his Dad's records.

  4. That's good news. My great uncle widow had to go to the VA for assistance in getting his dd214. They spent a bout 2week back an forth and got the records from the files in ST Louis (IIRC ) which is where most of the military records are stored.
  5. Darkangel1846


    Jul 19, 2004
    Just a small quiet salute to your Dad from an old soldier.

  6. Ditto

    Whiskey Moodz
  7. APD

    APD Trunk Monkey

    Oct 5, 2002
    Travis County,TX
    note to all vets...register your DD214 at your local courthouse. I made buttloads of copies and over the years you may lose your copy. I stored an original copy at the courthouse and it will remain there for as long as I am alive and if I ever need a copy I know where to go. Just FYI.