Upcomming vote on AWB and Hi-cap mag ban.......?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by hogship, Feb 6, 2013.

1. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

No news is good news.

My guess is there will not be a vote in the senate......unless the bill is guaranteed to pass.

There must be some problems getting all the Democrat senators to sign on to the AWB.

ooc

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    7.62x39 and upcomming legilsation changes GATE Self-Defense Forum Jan 5, 2013
    Upcomming Glock sale... Sponsor Showcase Mar 27, 2008
    Upcomming August Events at Silver Creek Conservation Club Bluegrass Glockers Aug 14, 2007
    upcomming gun shows The Georgia Club Apr 17, 2007
    Almost 200 Retired Generals, Admirals Tell Congress: Vote Down the Iran Deal Political Issues Wednesday at 10:55 PM

3. The DiFi AWB is dead. They are still hoping to get universal background checks and mag limits passed somehow.

It ain't over.

#2 cowboy1964, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  4. Fingers crossed and representatives contacted several times.

5. Gun advocates are a bipartisan voting block. It's political suicide for the Dems.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. And yet BHO won with a solid anti-gun plank... I think the conventional wisdom is in for a nasty shock should there be a solid anti-2A push.

7. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

"A solid anti-2A push".....isn't that exactly what is happening in the MSM?

......still, no vote.

This doesn't mean it won't happen, but no news is good news......and, the only reasonable explanation for it, is there isn't enough votes to pass.

:wavey:

ooc

8. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

I was thinking the same thing about Obamacare, and look where we are today. Obama is a very persistent individual, we have to give him that.

9. Lucky for us Reid is increasingly senile and President 0 couldn't lead the way out of a wet paper bag.

10. It all comes down to the moderates in swing states and districts.

I think all sales will have to be through FFLs from now on. Mental health reporting to the no gun list will have better guidelines. The real question is about mag limits.

11. Right now the advantage is with those who support the 2nd Amendment. Everyone must keep the pressure up especially on the area of ammunition and magazines.