Upcoming Texas GlockTalk Shoot (August 6) Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by AggiePhil, Jun 17, 2005.

1. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here's what we have for a Roll Call as of 07/06/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
    2) Soldat
    3) kjm1016
    4) kjm1016's wife
    5) Wildpony
    6) davevand
    7) rattfink1
    8) ShipWreck
    9) Matt19
    10) 45g21
    11) geminicricket
    12) cmb2874
    13) cmb2874's father
    14) Ghetto
    15) Delta
    16) tgrim

Might be attending:

17) Kinny
    18) ZR2Chevy22
    19) Altaris
    20) richardh247
    21) Texas T
    22) 0100010
    23) UNT Glocker

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Chances of me attending is getting slim now because I may not get back until saturday night. Sorry guys. I really wanted to attend. :(

3. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sounds like there isn't quite as much interest as I'd hoped for and as people had expressed in the unofficial "Time to plan another Texas GT shoot" thread.

4. 15 sounds like a lot to me. Especally with a shotgun side match. I assumed we would do all this in one day. I'd like to head back to Austin by 5PM.

Will there be "safety officers" or this an informal shoot?
    That is... it takes time to run everyone through a stage.

just my $.02
    Tony Grim

5. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not sure what you mean by shotgun side match. There won't be any "range officers" per se. It's an open range where you just have to conduct yourself responsibly. Everything is in view of the range shop though, so I'm sure they have to tell people to quit being stupid from time to time. But what I like about ranges like this is you can do whatever kind of shooting you want to, not just the stupid "stand there still and fire at the target downrange" kind of thing. But about the shotgun stuff and "stages"... There IS a separate shotgun area with clays and traps and whatnot (not something that I'm into), but we don't have any firm plans for using that. I'm sure you could do it if you wanted to, but I'm more interested in "practical shotgun shooting" on the pistol range, where you shoot at stationary targets on the ground rather than flying clays. Not sure if that makes sense...let me know if I can clear this up any further. :)

6. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

Phil

add C-Doc to the list and add UNT Glocker for a definite, he is car-pooling with me down there.

My truck is full now, but if people want we can caravan down and terrorize the villages as we go through....;f

B

7. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great!! Here's the updated list as of 07/07/05.

1) AggiePhil
    2) Soldat
    3) kjm1016
    4) kjm1016's wife
    5) Wildpony
    6) davevand
    7) rattfink1
    8) ShipWreck
    9) Matt19
    10) 45g21
    11) geminicricket
    12) cmb2874
    13) cmb2874's father
    14) Ghetto
    15) Delta
    16) C-Doc
    17) UNT Glocker
    18) tgrim

Might be attending:

19) Kinny
    20) ZR2Chevy22
    21) Altaris
    22) richardh247
    23) Texas T
    24) 0100010

8. Thanks for the explanation. I was trying to get a feel on how this will go down as I have never attended one of your events.

The “shotgun side-match” is what the club I shoot with calls practical shooting with a shotgun. We set up a standard pistol type COF using steel instead of paper targets. Then with a shotgun we naturalize steel targets / poppers. I guess they call it a side match because it uasually follows the day's IDPA shoot. So it's an extra (uasually one COF ran twice for best time)event to the IDPA shoot.

I am a safe shooter. The “safety officer” comment was to determine if this will be a “competition” shoot or just messing around with guns. Either way, I’m in.
    tg

9. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

Heck, since my buddy Delta will be there, I guess I'll come along too! I'll be bringing a bunch of guns. ;)

10. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

Awesome Allan

It will be good to see ya again, lets rock the house....

see ya there

B

11. Soldat

Soldat Big Dwarf Rodeo

I just got a new job. I think I can get that weekend off, but don't hold your breath.;)

12. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh man Soldat. I had you on the Definitely Attending list. Guess I'd better move you to the Maybe list. ~sd

13. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35
    Millennium Member

I am working on a couple of friends to see if they would like to come. Just for the hell of it. They are Glock owners, but one doesn't even own a computer, much less is on Glock Talk!

Sounds like a one hell of a day coming up.....

Sunscreen - check
    hat - check
    Ammo - check
    gun - check
    water - check
    Ridiculous grin - you're dang right!

I think I am just going to stick with my pistol on Aug 6. I have lots of pistol ammo, but not so much rifle ammo at the moment, and funding is tight at the moment.

14. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Guys, don't forget to tell people you see in GNG and other areas of GlockTalk about this. I think some people don't wander over here to LoneStar Glockers very often if ever.

And Matt, let me know what your friends wind up saying. I think it'd be great to get them out there. Might get em a little more hooked on GLOCKs and guns. :cool:

List as of 07/09/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
    2) kjm1016
    3) kjm1016's wife
    4) Wildpony
    5) davevand
    6) rattfink1
    7) ShipWreck
    8) Matt19
    9) 45g21
    10) geminicricket
    11) cmb2874
    12) cmb2874's father
    13) Ghetto
    14) Delta
    15) C-Doc
    16) UNT Glocker
    17) tgrim
    18) allanc

Might be attending:

19) Soldat
    20) Kinny
    21) ZR2Chevy22
    22) Altaris
    23) richardh247
    24) Texas T
    25) 0100010

15. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35
    Millennium Member

Phil my friends are Glocksters and love to shoot.

16. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great! The more, the better. Sounds like they need to get on GlockTalk. :)

17. I am from the BCS area, a friend of Matt19s, and plan on being there with G21 and G27 in tow. The G21 is new and needs a good breakin shoot ^7

18. AggiePhil, count me as one of those from Texas who just doesn't get over to the state forums very much. I'm interested in coming, I'm from the Austin area and a big Longhorns fan(If you couldn't tell by my handle) so going to the dreaded land of the maroon is a little unsettleing.;f I'll see what the itinerary has for that day. I got a good buddy in Bryan that I haven't visited in a year, I'll see if he might be interested. Several goers had posted several firearms that interest me. Of course any GT'ers can try my crew out: RRA M4, SRH .454 casull, two Glocks, two Sigs, CETME .308, Yugo SKS, Steyr M9, CZ52, Hi-Power, and if anybody likes old military rifles I could bring a few of them as well, probably a nice M1 Garand as well.:)

19. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

List as of 07/13/05:

Definitely attending:

1) AggiePhil
    2) kjm1016
    3) kjm1016's wife
    4) Wildpony
    5) davevand
    6) rattfink1
    7) ShipWreck
    8) Matt19
    9) 45g21
    10) geminicricket
    11) cmb2874
    12) cmb2874's father
    13) Ghetto
    14) Delta
    15) C-Doc
    16) UNT Glocker
    17) tgrim
    18) allanc
    19) LonghornGlock
    20) ar15bubba

Might be attending:

21) Soldat
    22) Kinny
    23) ZR2Chevy22
    24) Altaris
    25) richardh247
    26) Texas T
    27) 0100010

20. Sherlock Glock

Lifetime Member

Put me down as a maybe, I have to check and see if I have a gun show that weekin. Also I am a certified Glock gunsmith. "Glock Doctor from Mesquite, Texas" If any one needs parts or service, I can bring my stuff. I'll bring lot's of glocks and two Kahrs, K9 and K40. I also have lost of targets that I can bring.