Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Unusual dog reaction

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Kayaker, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Kayaker

Kayaker Deceased

Sep 9, 2006
    Near Kona, Hawaii
    We have a wonderful 2 year old Corgie and her older mother, whom we totally adore!

I sleep in an upstairs bedroom, and after I brush my teeth in the evening, I go upstairs and both dogs rush up to get a little goodie from me. Recently I was reading up there on a hot day, with the ceiling fan on, for the first time in ages. The littlest one saw the fan moving as she came up the stairs, and went back down.

Following that event, she refused to come upstairs for her evening treat, stopping on the landing, looking fearfully up at the now stopped fan blades, and going back down, or even not coming on the stairs at all; her mother still comes upstairs.

Two or three weeks later I can finally urge her to come up, as her mother has already, but she still looks fearfully up at the blades. I can only assume she identifies them with the wings of a large bird of prey, and her ancestral instincts come into play. Pleistocene condors?
  2. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Nov 11, 2001
    We had a similar incident with our youngest cat Li Lu and the ceiling fan in our living room. We turned it on about a week ago for just a few and she still acts spooky.

Don't know the answer. Some animals are spooked by the oddest things.