Unprofessional cop with open carry activist

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by frizz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. This thread will probably got locked soon, but it would be nice if there was some moderator consistency here as well. Some are Pro LEO and some are like "True Believer" who gave me an infraction for wanting to expand gun laws in PA by reinstating a waiting period.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

2. Those were the threads to which I was referring. Forgive me, those were the only threads I've seen you in, and now this one. Again, it's hard to detect sarcasm in an emotionless text, but in my defense, I don't think I'm the only one who missed it. Walked like a duck, so I called it:wavey:

3. Agree. Won't say more so I don't get another.

I also agree frizz is trolling.
  4. I should have put something in to make the sarcasm clear, and I can't fault you for not seeing it.

Looking back, I should have left it out because now a thread that I wanted to be about a very smooth cop who used people skills to get the job done has turned into an "is frizz a troll" thread.

Do you think that sarcasm has been harder to detect because of all of the nuts and cranks we run in to online?
    #104 frizz, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. RussP

To avoid that happening in the future, make certain your intent is crystal clear.

Do not use 'TBO Style' titles.

Again, make certain there is no ambiguity in the title or your comments.

If you are complimenting LE, say so.

If you are challenging LE, say so.

That would help...
  6. RussP

Sarcasm does not become you. You need to find something that works better for you.

And this "we", that would be you and...?
  7. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

Edit: meh, Russ beat me to it :(

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".
    #107 CLoft239, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  8. Russ, there is no way you are going to convince me that you don't run into a lot of nuts and cranks online. You're a mod on a high-volume discussion board!

Or did I misread you?
  9. OK. What did I miss this time?
  10. Seriously what rights of others are being violated by OC?
  11. Hack

Hack Crazy CO
    Gold Member

To feel safe? Is it a right to feel safe? Is it a right for the one calling in to feel safe? Is it a right for the responding police officer to the man with a gun call to feel safe? Interesting questions? Perhaps. How do we balance the right to open carry with the rights of others? What rights would we intrude upon by open carrying?
  12. RussP

There's nothing to read. I asked a question. You did not answer.
  13. This video would've been WAY BETTER if instead of saying "Just to let you know, we're audio taping!!" they would've said "Just to let you know, WE'RE ******-BAGS!!"

14. Where in the constitution does it say you have the right to "feel" safe?
  15. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Kind of open to interpretation, eh?

Sent from my PKE meter.
  16. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Oh, I guess, if we want to be technical, the 4th Amendment:
    Granted it is about search warrants, but it is an interesting turn a phrase.
  17. I actually laughed out loud at that! :rofl:
  18. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

19. Morris

Popcorn is ready!
  20. I'm all about rights but that police officer was totally professional. These guys were just jack^&$%#.