Unprofessional cop with open carry activist

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by frizz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Because these morons were not getting the reaction from the officer they wanted. They were hoping that the officer that pulled up was going to give them something Youtube worthy because of unprofessionalism.

They got what they wanted (attention) and werent going to walk away from the chance to keep getting it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #41 x_out86, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. Thank you. He wasn't at a funeral he was on patrol. The uniform doesn't make the cop.

3. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

I wonder if I bought Ofc. Jim lunch if he would let me shoot his full-auto AR15? :)
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Not understanding why that is actually important - more in law enforcement than just about anywhere - is exactly why I siuggested "a department run by hippies."

I expect many on this forum not to get it, but there is a reason police wear uniforms and a reason the uniforms look like they do. Undercutting that makes it useless. It's a LOT more than "identification."

Again, if you were a cop you would, or at least should, udnerstand that appearance is a tool. Obviously, the guy in the video didn't, or else he thought he was supposed to "appear like a tool."

Most use of force continuums start with "officer presence" and "officer presence" means a lot more than just being present - it also means an appearance they conveys authority and commands respect. You could be identified as a cop with a T-shirt that says "police" - the badge and all the crap you pin on means a lot more than that. Diminishing that with casual clothes is reducing a tool at the start point of the force continuum - no different than downgrading from a .45 to a .380, but at a much more basic and often-used point in the continuum.
    #44 Bren, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

In the academy, my instructors cited a "study" (I guess you could call it that), in which X-amount of cop killers were interviewed, and asked why they chose to carry out their intentions on those officers when LE contact was made. One of the most common answers given was the cop's appearance, ie how squared away the officer appeared, and how they carried themselves.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".
    #45 CLoft239, Oct 8, 2012
  6. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

Yeah we all learned about that study, but it fails in that the way a cop carries himself has nothing to do with whether they're wearing a high gloss belt/boots and starched trooper uniform or a "soft uniform".

You can look like a piece of **** in either or a professional who won't **** around in either. That dude in the video was in shape, walked with authority, and carried himself professionally, but you just want to get your panties in a wad and put him down because he's wearing a functional uniform for his work environment.
  7. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

I'm not critiquing the officer, I was simply conveying that I understood the point that Bren was making.

I myself don't have an issue with the uniform that the officer was wearing. But these kids also weren't your common criminal bent of off'ing a cop, so I'm sure his appearance made no difference to them...

But in the eyes of anybody wishing to do harm, or worse, to anybody, chances are that they will choose to carry out their acts on somebody that they feel isn't squared away. If somebody was a slob, and didn't bother to square away their appearance, then chances are they haven't taken the time to square away their defensive tactics, shooting, etc etc. and most criminals know this.

We study criminals, and most criminals study us. However, I also recognize the fact that some turds will attempt violence against us no matter what.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".
    #47 CLoft239, Oct 8, 2012
  8. Personally, I'd just about kill to be able to wear a uniform like that, and I already work for a relatively forward thinking department that issues BDU pants and shorts for summer time (which I won't wear, because the inseam is ridiculously short). I don't know if I'd strap quite as much stuff on it, but I'd LOVE to have an external carrier. A sloppy and uncertain cop is going to look as such regardless of what he's (or she) is wearing. Hell, a sloppy guy in class As (and there are plenty of them around) is about the worst looking cop out there.
  9. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

10. Hamrhed

Hamrhed AKs & Glocks

In the case of some smarta**ed teens- sounds like that's just what they need. That cop has more important things to do... and those hemorrhoids need a life lesson real quick
    #50 Hamrhed, Oct 8, 2012
  11. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

You might want to re-read Chapter 38 of the Penal Code.......
  12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Yeah, failure to ID in texas is an arrestable misdemeanor. Not at good thing to decide not to do. The state issued you an ID, it is technically the property of the state. They can revoke it. You may have paid for the ID, but that is essentially a tax for the privelege of having that ID. If I get pulled over by a local, I don't argue about my ID.

I have done traffic stops, I have done felony traffic stops. I know exactly what he is thinking if I am stopped. The trouble is he can't figure out if I am a con or an LEO, because the wheels are canted away from the traffic flow, the window is down, the radio is off, and both hands are visible on the wheel. I don't get offended with having a flashlight in the driver's mirror either. I have used that trick many a time to keep someone from seeing well enough to take a good shot at me if that was their intention.

More often than not, if you are polite, professional, respectful, and responsive you won't have a problem if pulled over and aske for ID.
  13. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

Doesn't say I have to provide ID just says I have to provide them with name, dob and address if LAWFULLY arrested.
    #53 jeepinbandit, Oct 8, 2012
  14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Which can change based on county or municipal code. Either way you look at it, not a smart play.
  15. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

I'd generally agree and don't have an issue providing my ID but I'm not everyone and some folks may not want to provide a little state issued card that identifies them. I think that's been tried a few times throughout history.
  16. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano VIVA MEXICO !!!

Thirteen minutes of a big can of whoop-ass from that cop to the gay trio of attention whores. Loved it.
    #56 PuroMexicano, Oct 8, 2012
  17. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

It's been over 24 hours since the OP posted and ran and now the thread is sucking in more trolls.
  18. Wrong. Other than my initial two screwup threads, where have I done this? Show your work.

I'll use this post to explain since the sarcasm about the OC dbag with an extraordinarily professional cop wasn't clear to some.

There is another OC vs. cop vid that ends with the cop making the OCs look like double-dbags and, and the end of his every reply repeats "any questions, comments, or concerns?"

The cop in the vid I found was 100% cool; his goat isn't gettable.
  19. But have you seen a more professional response to an OC cameraman.
  20. There was nothing uncool, let alone unprofessional by the cop here.

You can stand wherever you want.