close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Unloaded on Campus

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by Korey5640, Apr 17, 2007.

1. MichiganPython

MichiganPython

Mar 9, 2005
    Michigan

+ 1,001 :thumbsup:

2. opr1945

opr1945

Apr 5, 2007
    zoo, mi
    On not telling anyone about what is in your car......

"three can keep a secret, if two are dead".

3. jwb

jwb

Sep 10, 2001
    mi
    It is illegal for a student to have a firearm on a school campus in Michigan.

A parent or guardian may have a weapon in possession in the car while picking up or dropping off a student...but must remain in the car.

Got questions-check link: http://www.migunowners.org/forum/index.php?

Your best solution is to park off campus and walk...leave your gun locked up in the car and get a little exercise;o)

4. hakuin

hakuin

May 23, 2004
    Michigan
  5. 18 and itching to bring a gun to school? If you can bring the gun in your car, keep it locked up the entire time not tell a single person (not even your shooting buddy) about it and not break the law by parking your car off campus...I say go for it.

But if you think that there is even the chance that you will tell ANYBODY, ever remove it from a locked hidden case, or carry it onto school property illegally than just leave it at home...it isnt worth the possible hassle.

6. EXCEPT in the parking lot.

7. Korey5640

Korey5640 The Cheesiest!

Jul 10, 2005
    Michigan
    Defiantly NOT "itching to bring a gun to school". I was itching to go shooting with someone from school. Anyway, I never carried anything onto campus. Took the one suggestion, that actually turned out well, from a member to give it off to a friend's house close to the school. His dad was MORE than happy to look after another Glock for the day. :thumbsup:

Though, this topic has seemingly brought up many good thoughts on the subject, which is why I brought it up. Technically schools are one of those "gun free zones", however, if you hold a CCW, you may carry if you don't leave the vehicle. So, what if you didn't have a CCW and were in your restrictions for transporting without a CCW? The GUN never leaves the vehicle in either case...

Either way, I figured that it would be one of those gray areas and isn't worth the trouble, but it has turned out to be an interesting discussion.

8. Ya, ok, the above probably doesnt apply to the OP, since the OP was at least responsible to ask, but I am sure there are some highschoolers out there that just want to be the cool kid who brings their gun to school...and that is when all the 'fun' starts :shocked:

9. Korey5640

Korey5640 The Cheesiest!

Jul 10, 2005
    Michigan
    If you went to school with me, you would know it. :thumbsup:

PM me with your school name and I will let you know if that is mine. I just don't freely give out information like that, especially on the internet and when I go to a school that I can easily be ID'd with just a first name, type of gun I own, and the school's name. ;)

10. 10 Ring Tao

10 Ring Tao Red White Blue

Sep 18, 2003
    Southeast Michigan
    Can't really go wrong with unloaded, locked case, in the trunk.

11. Dean

Dean

Nov 4, 2006
    Don't do that. Get yourself a license to carry and always follow the rules. You'll save yourself a whole lot of grief. :drillsgt:

12. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Southern US
    You need to be 21 to get a carry permit. He's about 3 years shy of that. Without one, you are supposed to be directly ON YOUR WAY to the range or returning home as well if you have a gun in the vehicle.

13. mikedb

mikedb

Jan 28, 2004
    brighton michigan
    Where I work folks know I shoot alot. One person said if someone goes postal she is running to my cubicle for protection.

14. Landor

Landor

Mar 20, 2006
    Michigan
    Go to the store and buy one of the toy cap guns with the red tip. Put it in your lock box in your car and when they search it and find that take a picture of their faces. On second thought you better not. They will still find a way to expel you or press charges against you.

15. Xenia

Xenia

Jun 6, 2007
    Michigan
    Most likely expel for sure.

I was working with a middle schooler (who had anger managment problems) who was expelled from school for taking a water pistol to school. (really... the dollor store water pistol.) The expelsion was for taking what "could be" seen as a weapon.

No juvenile charges were filed, but the expelsion was for the rest of the school year which led to his repeating an entire grade in school. Then upon returning, he was forced to go to an "alternative" school rather then back to his regular school.

To the OP: I think you handled this situation with great maturity! Your parents have every reason to be proud of you!

16. Ah, the Vear Transportation Act greatly reduced the restrictions on transporting a firearm in MI and this isn't quite accurate anymore.