Unique Model 52, 22 LR.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CajunBass, Jun 28, 2012.

1. No, it's not "unique." That's the brand name. "Unique Model 52." Made in France. Appears to be a well made, steel frame, 22 LR, semi-auto. S/A, 9 round magazine. Safety and magazine release located in the usual awkward European positions. Tiny, almost worthless sights. Some finish wear, but otherwise seems to be in good shape. S/N 476xxx.

I got it for a song, so I'm not too worried about it, but wondered if anyone knows anything about them?

Sorry, pictures will have to wait until tomorrow.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. We definitely need pics, but I've heard of them before.

3. I did a little more searching around on another forum and found out they were inmported by Sears back in the 50's. That time period seems about right. Apparently the plastic grips have a history of cracking and warping, but these seem to be in good shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a bad looking little gun (The barrel is about 3" for reference). The hammer is semi-soncealed, and easy to operate. Probably intended as a self-defence piece, it should draw easily from a coat pocket. It'll be a can buster around here.

#3 CajunBass, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  4. Congrats, it looks like a well built little gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Took it down the hill a few minutes ago and ran a couple of magazines of Federal bulk pack throught it. Worked like a champ. I was able to walk an empty Skoal can around the hillside with no problem. Too hot to stay down there in the woods much longer. Not a breath of wind back there.

6. Nice little plinker. Only see a unique every couple years.

7. Berto

Berto woo woo

The Manufacture d'Armes des Pyrenees were sold as Unique and under the JC Higgins name I think. I sold one for friend, it was a neat little gun.
    The only thing of concern was keeping the extractor lubed and clean, as they could freeze up and act as a firing pin when pinching over the rim.

8. Interesting little plinker. Good to hear it is working.

#8 Bruce M, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  9. IIRC, the same company also sold a pistol/carbine combination, that you could remove the barrel and put the pistol into a carbine stock/barrel and have a .22 rifle.