Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Uniform Question

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by bigjim, May 20, 2008.

1. bigjim

Jun 18, 2002
    Behind you
    Just got on with an ambulance company, looks like I'll be spending the summer running BLS calls on 12-hour shifts.

My problem is that I'm a fat bastard. I'm working on it, and making progress, but I don't want to be a sweathog on the rig if I can help it. Nobody likes a big smelly fat guy.

Who can recommend a good undershirt to wear beneath my uniform rig to help with the sweating? Is Underarmor good? Is there something better? Any help is appreciated.
  2. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    Underarmour Heatgear is the way to go. And if the company requires a V-neck shirt under the uniform, Underarmour sells those as well. Good luck.

3. bigjim

Jun 18, 2002
    Behind you

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

And thankfully, we don't require v-necks, because I have about as much body hair as Ron Jeremy and in a v-neck I look like a Hungarian pimp from 1970. The only thing missing is the gold medallion.
  4. Da-Squad

Da-Squad Capt/Ret.

Jan 1, 2008
    You might wanna purchase a few extra uniform shirts and extra undershirts as a possible alternative. A quick change between runs will make you look and feel better.
  5. MEDIC1167

MEDIC1167 Millennium Member

Apr 30, 1999
    Northern CT
    +1 on that.
  6. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

:rofl: That's a problem? I'm all self-conscious now! :supergrin:

When I worked EMS about 10 years ago I was 5'10" and 315 pounds. Multiple uniforms (or at least under/t-shirts to change) and/or UnderArmor are my recommendations.

Hose off a couple times a week too. That helps. :tongueout:
  7. HarleyArcher

Mar 25, 2008
    +1 for the Under Armor Heat gear! Just started wearing them recently myself. They are a bit on the costly side, but they do work nice. Bryan