close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Uniform Press

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by fuzzyduck, May 17, 2011.

1. fuzzyduck

fuzzyduck
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so I am starting to get lazy when it comes to pressing my uniforms. I usually have to spend a few hours a month (I know, not that much time, but...) starching, ironing, and hanging my uniforms. I have gotten pretty good at it, but as I said, I am getting a bit lazy and am looking for a solution to this.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a product similar to those used by a dry cleaning facility. I want to be able to get all of my uniforms, spray the starch, and press them quick so I can get on with my life.

Any ideas that people here have used? Also wondering if there is something that i can use that is like a template to put into the trousers so I can keep the same crease and dont end up with the dreaded railroad tracks. Also hoping to find something similar for a shirt too.

Maybe this will help more than me!!!:dunno:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. EOD3

EOD3
    Expand Collapse

Don't you have a local cleaner that does "everybody's" uniforms (typically at a volume discount) in the area?

3. fuzzyduck

fuzzyduck
    Expand Collapse

Our "local" cleaner is an hour away and charges $4/shirt and $/pair of pants. We only have a total of 7 officers in the area who have uniforms that need pressing, so the business is not very economical. BUT I may be thinking of offering to do it for everyone for a minimal price.

4. SAR

SAR
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Dang... no dry cleaners around? What about regular folks who just need clothes dry cleaned? I guess not...

I used to have the creases sewn into my class A uniforms. Always creased in the right places that way. Still I had them dry cleaned though. You are better off dry cleaning wool uniforms.

5. EOD3

EOD3
    Expand Collapse

Back in the days of Olive-Drab fatigues we had a guy that pressed his uniforms by placing them under his mattress at night. We called him "Wet-Willy", you can probably guess why... :ack:

6. CAcop

CAcop
    Expand Collapse

Our academy makes recruits wear poly sewn in crease uniforms until midterms are over. They are probably what I would go for if I lived far away from a dry cleaner. They are wash and wear sort of things. Not very fashionable but they get the job done.

#6 CAcop, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  7. Patchman

Patchman
    Expand Collapse
    Florist

Where I'm at the Detectives have a lock on running the candy/soda machines in the building. The profits go into a pool that they use to pay for their "uniforms" (suits) dry cleaning bills.

And the nearest dry cleaner is around the corner.

8. txleapd

txleapd
    Expand Collapse
    Hook 'Em Up

Our uniforms are wash and wear.... I wish I could still wear a uniform every day. The suit and tie thing gets old quick. Especially in the Texas heat.