close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Unexpected invoice.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GioaJack, Jan 14, 2010.

1. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    My e-mail notification 'dinged' a few minutes ago. It was an invoice from Powder Valley with notification that they shipped 5K each of SP and LP primers at $22.50 per brick plus a 8# jug of Unique at $96.00.

Really didn't expect, or need the shipment... I ordered the stuff last April and they never even called or e-mailed me asking if I still wanted it.

For those of you waiting on backorders... hang on, there's still hope.

Jack

2. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

Mar 26, 2009
    Spencer Indiana
    Sometimes when it looks bad along comes that cloud with the silver lining,

Bob

3. n2extrm

n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009
    Nice I have a BO from last may. I really gave up, but hay maybe there is hope!

4. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Jack, Don't be so bashful this time around when that package arrives! Invite that UPS lady inside and show her your reloader. You know she's interested - she all but invited herself in on a prior delivery. Sounds like a great reason to have blue equipment, don't you think? :supergrin:

5. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

[​IMG]

6. jing1117

jing1117

Oct 10, 2008
    Roseville, CA
    Glad you got your stash of primers, me I'm still waiting for my May back order from GRAFS. On the lighter side, I was able to look at a newly opened gun store today and he had pallets or primers - he's got it all - no limits - to top it off he only sells them for $29.99/k. Very good price in my book since all the others here are selling them for $40 - $50.

7. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Oh the humanity of it all... the unfair humanity!!! The e-mail I got last night with the shipping tracking number is from Fed-Ex... she works for UPS! :crying:

My only possible hope at having a love life is if in the next day or so Fed-Ex and UPS merge... of course the name of the company would end up being the same as my attitude... FED-UP. :faint:

Jack

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Jack,

Do you want to sell any of those primers since you didnt expect them or need them?

I am really low on primers and have been having a hell of a time finding them reasonably priced.

-Dana

9. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Dana:

You're about 6 hours too late. One of my shootin' buddies called me at ten this morning about going shooting this weekend... told him about the invoice and shipping e-mails. He's hurting too so I promised him the 5K SP primers. He's insisting on paying me the price I paid at the local gun shop when they had 'em... $30 a brick. (I won't take the extra money, I'll either just give them to him or take what I paid.)

The LP primers I need, I was very low and this 5K won't last me long. Loading for the SIL too.

I'm gonna be with my buddy on Sunday, I'll take the primers to him then, assuming they get here by then... if for some reason he wants to let go of a brick or two I'll send you a PM and meet you somewhere.

I've got no problem trying to help out a fellow shooter but I gave my buddy my word... and that's all I have that's worth a damn. We'll see what happens.

Jack

10. David N.

David N.

Feb 13, 2002
    Kentucky
    Wow, backordered for nine months. I placed my order for 5k LR from Powder Valley Wednesday night, and they shipped yesterday. Less than 24 hours. I guess they must just like me better than all of you.

Well, either that or I'm the only one wanting the military LR primers. :supergrin:

11. What brand of primer? Wolff?

12. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country

I got a ding from Natchez yesterday. I requested notification of CCI SP back in 4/09. They now have (and probably still do) CCI SP. They wanted $34/1000 plus hazmat! :wow: No thanks Natchez.
    http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC0014&src=bckrdAlrt

I get them locally for $29/1000.

That's why they probably still have them.

Don

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  13. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    ya'll can believe it or not but those primers won't last 48 hours, so get 'em if you're gonna.

14. n2extrm

n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009

:rofl:Yeah I guess I left that door open!

15. n2extrm

n2extrm

Feb 24, 2009

Jack maybe I can help. I have a few scrap pieces of 2X4 and I will box them up and send em to ya adult signiture required UPS if you want. :rofl:

16. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

CCI's

SEND THE WOOD... it's cold, I need the kindling... and the cuddling. :supergrin:

Jack

17. yort81

yort81

Nov 13, 2005
    washington state
    How much do they ding you for shipping and hazmat on 5k of primers?

18. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

It's 5K SP, 5K LP and 8# of Unique. Shipped under one Haz Mat, $22.50. Shipping was $11.95 plus $1 for insurance.

I looked up the tracking number... supposed to deliver Monday.

Jack