close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

unepectedly my 3rd gen S&W Bucket list...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by countrygun, Jul 26, 2012.

1. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    ..gun fell into my hands.

It was a whirlwind week (before the Colorado incident) of gun acquisitions. 3 planned (sort of) and 2 unplanned.

I capped it off by going to the LGS to give the owner, a good friend, a "ration" for letting my wife bring home a new Taurus PT1911. (one of the unplanned ones) and there, on the back shelf, waiting to go in the case, was this beauty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, so it's the "Ladysmith" and not the "NL" model, but I could care less. I have wanted one for years and this one was VERY "nicely" priced with the extra mag and factory soft case.

The "LS" version is fine with me. I plan on carrying it even if I do get a little cranky every 28 days, who's going to say anything:supergrin:.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I've always wanted one of those & will buy the first one i find at a decent price.

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks gang.

I had just given my wife a bit of a lecture about not buying a gun (because of her bringing her 2nd 1911 in a few months home on a whim) that you didn't plan for. :upeyes: Buuuuuuut it worked out OK in the long run, I guess:whistling:

(Besides the smith was cheaper than the Taurus 1911):supergrin:

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Very nice find. And while it may have been less than the Taurus, I would think it the better gun. But that might just be me.

5. wirenut

wirenut

Nov 22, 2008
    yep that's a score been looking for one for a while now. nice

6. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    Yeah, so what if it has "Lady Smith" on it, it is a handsome firearm. Don

7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

The Taurus isn't particularly "bad". a lot of nice features. She brought home the Springfield Trophy Match (I posted in in the 1911 forum some time ago) but I didn't think, mainly thanks to the sights and the mag funnel, that is was a "great" carry gun. We have 5 other "Tauri" that have run fine and she carries one, so when she saw a 1911 with "Taurus" on it.......

8. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    Congrats!:cool: The 3913s are great, I almost bought a LS a few days ago.

9. razorbacker

razorbacker

Nov 2, 2006
    NWArkansas
    Nice looking 3913. I've got a few of these 3rd gen Smiths and love them. I've never understood the fuss of folks perfering the NL over the LS models. When that bullet leaves the barrell it doesn't care what words are written on the side. The 3913LS is a very attractive gun in my book!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  10. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Exactly

Anybody who handles, much less fires one, and still wouldn't buy and carry one because of the script on the slide, is WAAAAYYYY TOOO insecure. I admit it if was PINK I might have hesitated, because it would clash with my "outfits" but if it were more of a magenta wellll:supergrin:

11. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    Very nice, congrats! and good luck finding a holster for it.

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

I have made quite a few of my own but it actually rides rather nicely in a Ted Blocker holster I have for Colt Officers model-size 1911.

Milt Sparks has a couple of designs they list. Due to the fact that it's parent gun, the model 39 was actually designed initially as a replacement for the 1911 in the 1950s and shares a certain similarity in holsters the Mini version of the 39 shares the same with Mini 1911s

ETA i have found many holsters for the Colt "Commander" that accomodate the model 39 as well

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  13. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    I have the CS, and it will not fit on a Colt defender holster by Don Humes, the closer fit I can find is on a holster for a Sig 239 and is not perfect, I'll try Milt, thanks

14. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Try the Ted Blocker "DA2" for a Colt Officer.

That design is flexible, for instance I have carried a SAA clone in a DA2 that was designed for a 4' "K" frame, go figure:dunno:

If you don'r mind a "yaqui slide" there are several on the market that I think would fit. I am trying to find the one I had, and obviously didn't use, to try it

15. Glockster17

Glockster17 Millennium Member

Sep 16, 1999
    Central Florida
    Lucky Man. A wife that shoots and buys guns and you find a nice 3rd Gen. Lucky Man... Congrats. Rob

16. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Very nice, the 3913 is a bucket list gun for me, too!