close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Unemployment rate poll

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by pipedreams, Oct 5, 2012.

1. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    WOW, thank goodness you came and straightened all that out, I feel much better now :wavey:

#2 No, but an Obama appointee does.

2. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    So we are to assume Obama was overseeing a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. MZBKA

MZBKA

Apr 14, 2004

The poll is an unscientific internet poll. It does not tell us anything about whether Americans trust the BLS' numbers.

4. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    Your correct it is a unscientific internet poll. So your saying those 133802 people are not entitled to their opinion?

5. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Or a perfect example of liberals thinking that people who don't agree with them are ignorant.

We know you really believe that so we are getting used to it, even if it doesn't come across as powerfully as you might think as a debate tool.

6. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012

So Obama was overseeing a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?

Poking holes in these ridiculous theories is like arguing with 9/11 truthers.

7. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    I just think you're thinking too much. Make it simple.

You called it ridiculous, yet you plunge yourself into the midst of that discussion, making yourself in the close proximity of that which is ridiculous. Then how are people going to know whether you're intrincally ridiculous or not ?

If it smells like pou-pou, I'd keep a distance. When pou-pou hits the fan and you're close to it... wow.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  8. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    So again, why would Obama oversee a massive conspiracy for the last 3.8 years to keep unemployment well over 8% when he promised the stimulus would prevent just that?

9. MZBKA

MZBKA

Apr 14, 2004
    You're ignorant because you've demonstrated you don't know how to interpret unemployment numbers. Heck, when somebody tried to show you how to understand the numbers, you call him a liberal, which seems to be your response when anybody presents you with facts. Face it, you're happy with what you think and you don't let facts change your beliefs -the perfect example of a conspiracy theorist.

Also, why do you consistently refer to yourself in the first person plural? You keep saying 'we'. As the biggest conspiracy theorist on this forum, do you count yourself as more than one person? Do you have some sort of multiple personality disorder? Or are you so arrogant you think you speak for others on this forum?

10. MZBKA

MZBKA

Apr 14, 2004

Of course people are entitled to their own opinions. All I said was an unscientific internet poll gives no information as to whether American s trust or do not trust unemployment data.

11. MZBKA

MZBKA

Apr 14, 2004
    It also wouldn't make sense for Obama to have manipulated the numbers like he did-very little in the data is good news for him.

12. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

It's called 'implementing communism'

The unintended consequense of that is that the producers go 'John Galt' and produce minimally, and don't hire.

It continues as long as communism lasts, so the sooner it, and he are given the boot, the sooner we recover.

13. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    It has probably already been talked about. If not, I'm going to say it again. Unemployment numbers are not actual. They only count people actively looking for work through government run unemployment offices. People like me who have never sought assistance are not counted. Additionally, the under employment rate is more than double the unemployment rate. In my last job I would have been considered under employed.

Btw, look at unemployment rates by state and look at political status by state. Is there a correlation between red and blue states with the numbers being higher or lower?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  14. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa

"At least two economists at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) have contributed to President Barack Obama’s campaign. Harley Frazis of Bethesda, MD, has contributed at least $2,000 to Obama and $9,000 to the Democratic National Committee over the last three election cycles. "

15. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    So what will you be saying when Romney wins and the number continues on a downward trend? Will you be back in here to revise your conspiracy theory and claim that it's morphed into an even more evil plot than before?

16. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

He is saying that the MSM will suddenly shift gears and start quoting the U6 numbers with a GOP president.

17. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Where did he say that? I quoted his entire post, I didn't see that clarification in there.

Also, why were they quoting 4.5% under Bush if it was a massive conspiracy against Republicans?

18. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

When Romney wins, business will be released from the boot on the neck of communism, and unemployment will come down.

... But not before the real figures are revealed, and they will be much higher than Obamas' minions' cooked figures.

19. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    If you're citing that specific post, I don't see how you can infer anything more than what I said from seven words and a number.

And are you honestly arguing that the MSM didn't attack Bush at virtually every turn?

The release of a number dropping employment under 8 percent the day after Obama got his ass handed in a debate isn't remotely curious to you?