close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unemployment rate poll

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by pipedreams, Oct 5, 2012.

1. brianfede

brianfede
    Expand Collapse

BINGO, that is the problem with believing the 7.8% rate, despite the creation government jobs. I will say that the month of August usually has the largest revisions and sometimes we get odd numbers in September. The UE rate is still mostly a BS stat since it doesn't account for those who have given up on looking for a job. I think if you take the historical participation rate as a reference the UE is really more like 11%. Underemployment is also a big issue, that number has been awfully high as well .

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

Bull crap numbers............. democrat/liberal manipulating liars.... and the people that think obama should have been able to use his teloprompter during the debate believe this crap. This just indicates the level of coruption in "our" government. We the people need to clean our houses.... representatives and white.

Doc44

3. aspartz

aspartz
    Expand Collapse

Just wait, those will be adjusted down soon...

ARS

4. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

The same group of ppl will be calculating it when Romney is president. Will you still be calling it a conspiracy then?

I don't understand why a lack of understanding motivates ppl to come up with conspiracy theories.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

^This...:agree:

6. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

I don't understand why the standard liberal response here is that the rest of us, are just not smart enough to see things the way the liberal do.

Historically, governments lie to promote their own interests. They even have a word for it (since you're so smart tell us what it is for an extra point).

But, Obama, by what we have seen of his actions so far, is clearly incapable of telling a lie, or being part of one told. :wow:

#26 series1811, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  7. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

With only 114,000 jobs added, thats not even enough to move the meter 1/10th of a percent, much less 3/10ths.

Top it off with them saying not many left the workforce and it does not add up.

Continuing weekly claims for UI continue to hang just below 400,000. They need to be below 200,000 for a sustained period with increasing labor force participation.

Economic growth continues to hang at a pathetic 1.x %. It needs to be over 4%. Under Reagan, who wipe out a recession twice as bad with 21% interest rates in only 2 years, growth was at or approaching 6% !!!

U6 is at 14.7%, they've been undercounting by at least 1% and possibly as much as 3 % for a couple of years now. Would not be surprised if the real U6 is 16-18%.

8. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

That's what I'm thinking. From the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
    And right before election time, with the press saying "over 8% is really bad for Obama," suddenly:
    Really stayed within a 0.3 point range for 8 months, then falls .3 below the bottom of that range just in time for the election? Could happen.

#28 Bren, Oct 6, 2012
  9. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

Explaining that the BLS, not some evil plotting table of democrats, are the people who calculate the unemployment, is now considered a "liberal response?" Seriously?

The BLS have no vested interest in lying - they're going to be calculating the rate when Romney is President, as they have been in the past, and as they will continue to do in the future.

Your cartoonish idea of Obama overseeing a table of democrats who craft the unemployment numbers out of thin air is not only laughable, it's just counterproductive because surely some dope on the left will be saying the same thing when the rates drop under Romney - only this time it will be a republican conspiracy. Amazingly enough, I'm sure you'll be calling that dope a foolish liberal, despite the fact that you were doing the same thing a few short months before.

10. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

You don't know the word, do you?

11. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

Seeing that you completely ignored everything I said, I don't think you're really interested in having an adult conversation. If you want to divert and change the subject, don't bother responding to me.

12. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

This sets a new record in naiveté.

The DOL is another bloated government agency who's employees depend on government for their jobs. I don't doubt for one second they'll amp it up for the Government candidate.

Obama didn't have to tell them a damn thing. They know what's required of them if they want to keep their jobs. Make idiot boy look good.

13. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Okay, you don't know it, or you just don't want to say it? :supergrin:

It's okay.

#33 series1811, Oct 6, 2012
  14. G29Reload

G29Reload
    Expand Collapse
    Tread Lightly

Sounds like a good idea.

15. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

If Romney's people come up with a .3 or .4 drop with only a 1K increase in jobs; YES I will be calling them on it. This is political lying and I don't understand you think I would be as foolishly biased for "my party" as you are for yours.

Doc44

16. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

So the unemployment rate has been a conspiracy for decades?

17. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

And were you questioning the numbers when they went up, and not down? My guess is that you were using them to point to a bad economy when they were bad, and claiming conspiracy when they improved.

I like the added touch of claiming that I'm a liberal. When you can't argue on facts, demonize your opponent, right?

18. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

YES, when the actual rate has been above 11 for two or three years..... yes.

Doc44

19. IvanVic

IvanVic
    Expand Collapse

When was the last time it was not a conspiracy?

20. rgregoryb

rgregoryb
    Expand Collapse
    Sapere aude

One question Ivan, are you voting for Obama?