Underwood's expanding their 10mm selection...

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by post-apocalyptic, Nov 15, 2011.

1. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

Ah, shaddup you sig-line stealin biotch. :honkie:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. saspic

saspic Howdy Y'all!
    CLM

Mike Willard died about three weeks ago. The ammo, unfortunately, will not be coming.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382856

And post-apocalyptic, GLOCK TALK doesn't really like profanity, even the misspelled variety.

3. Thanks guys..

4. Since he died I'm not sure anyone waiting for orders or refunds will get them. You actually might try a snail mail letter as the person handling his affairs may not have access to his computer email.

Trusting your hard earned dollars to a small ammo maker does have some risks. BTW Kevin (Underwood), how have you been feeling lately?:shocked:

5. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Good question!

When is the last time you had an ECG? How about a heart stress test? You taking your vitamins? Gotta stay healthy kevin!

6. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to lose 15-20lbs...but other than that, I think I'm doing alright. I'll keep you posted.

7. post-apocalyptic

Looks like the 200gr XTPs are now available on the website: 40 units in stock, (as of now).

8. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

You are on the ball for sure! I check the site last night and it was still back ordered.

I just placed an order for some 200gn and 130gn (and saved on shipping since they will now ship together instead of being backorder and shipped separate)

Now if only Lonewolf would get the stock length and 1/2" over G20 barrels back in stock. (they keep backing up the date)

#88 SolidBrass, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  9. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Wow, I didn't know that. That really sucks, losing a serious contributor to the 10MM community. I ain't worried. It's only a few bucks.

That is a killer sigline. PA, send me a box of Swampfox, and I'll let ya have it back! :supergrin:

10. post-apocalyptic

I waited what turned out to be too long, (RIP M. Willard), so I never got any Swampfox 10mm. I do have some Underwood though, and I'll be glad to give ya a few rnds real fast, from ~50 yds away. :fist:

#90 post-apocalyptic, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  11. 10 fan

10 fan 10 fan

I don't have a crono(on my list wish list) I can only go by the add. and the way it feels. I have federal 1060fps,miwall 1040, bvac 1200, dt 1250, dt 1305, all 180gr. and the bonded defense is not 1100. I have heard many people say DT is not what it says it is.Never seen or heard of a real test or proof ,just people saying it. If it were true I would be the first to switch.

12. YouTube...it is true. Has been for years now.

13. 10 fan

10 fan 10 fan

Same price as BVAC but 1100fps,the 1200 from BVAC is closer to my edc ammo. Thanks

14. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

check out the 10mm auto facebook page, or look up 10mm chronograph on youtube, a guy on there has chronographed nearly every 10mm load there is. He's also got a compilation of all the loads he tested put together in a spreadsheet...there's your proof!

15. I was a long time user till I was able to chronograph the ammo myself. Its way under what they claim. I tested 3 of the 10mm offerings, In specifics, I tested the 200 gr WFNGC that DT state will do 1300 fps from stock G20. I averaged 1060 fps 3 rounds were 1040 fps. I emailed the company to ask why and received no reply to several emails. I shot Buffalo Bore and some hand loads that same sesion that all recorded normal numbers. This verified that they LIE and no it!
    I now use Buffalo bore or my own hand loads. I will not do another transaction of any kind with Double Tap. I even bought some components to hand load and found them to be wanting in quality. Beartooth makes better hard cast bullets so they have my money now!
    Why am I angry, I bought 10mm hard cast ammo designed to defend against animals in the woods. They are advertised at a 10mm specific power capability yet offer 40 s&w power levels. 200gr at 1300fps is 750ft lbs. Move the velocity to 1060 and the energy drops to 499! This is more then just embellishing on the numbers! Glad I am loading my own now. I despise dishonest people that take my money with deception!

#95 wkoukios, Dec 1, 2011
  16. dryfly

Platinum Member

Yeah... My opinion is that Mr. McNett should get as many Africa hunts in now as possile because one of these days someone will find a smart enough and willing enough lawyer to cause him some well earned grief.

17. I used to buy a lot of DT and at one time or another have chronographed most of the 10mm offerings. None have come within 200 fps of advertised. I once asked McNett face to face to respond to his critics on GT. His response was that he was busy enough that it wasn't worth it.

18. AMEN.

With the Beartooth bullets; Have you noticed weight variances bullet to bullet or do they seem relatively same-same?

19. Dang!, I already was very unhappy with them. Now I'm more unhappy but try to stay away from pure hatred. Where does that leave me?:shocked:

20. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

I've watched a lot of those video.

Almost everyband overstates there velocity (when shot out of a Glock 20)

I only know of two that match or beat what they claim: Underwood, and Swampfox.

Those that doen't include::crying:
    BVAC
    Double Tap
    Buffalo Bore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxNwSjPnTE

#100 SolidBrass, Dec 1, 2011