Underwood's expanding their 10mm selection...

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by post-apocalyptic, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Website looks great Kevin! If I didn't handload everything I shoot, you would definitely have my business. I'll see if I can get some referrals going your way though.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Gold Dots!!!! Very Nice kevin!!!

By the way, has anyone chrono'd the 200gr xtp load lately? Last I saw, it was having a lil bit of trouble, kept coming in slightly under published velocities...Im not hatin or tryin to start a controversy, just curious how fast the 200gr'ers are runnin..

3. 10-acious

10-acious A Perfect 10

Ordered 4 boxes of them Gold Dots. Kevin, you're getting me in serious trouble with the better-half. :supergrin:

4. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

Dang. Gold dot new online, I'm not sure why people demand this. Any 10 JHP will destroy a human target effectively. The 10 is great for self defense, but it is best be deployed as a wildlife defense round, hunting or other overkill reasons such as body armor. I'd use my .45 acp if I wanted simple man stopping power.

C'mon man! Lets do a hardcast 200+gn or TMJ. Aftermarket barrel for hardcast is standard, so just do it with that disclosure. My 6" G20 is begging for some lead.

5. just ordered me 6 boxes of 180 fmj and 5 of 165 sabers. Havent got to shoot my g29 yet. So want to break it/ me in right :)

6. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

On that note, I've heard don't use high power ammo during break in (if Glocks need such a thing). I'm still breaking in one of my clocks and wonder what others thinks.

7. If a Glock needs to be broken in, it's defective
    \
    send it back

8. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

No such thing as a Glock "break in period"...

9. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

FTFY N/C

This Kevin Underwood fella is gonna be busy as hell filling orders for people from this forum.

Next time you see him he will be driving a Bentley. :rofl:

10. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

deleted

#230 SolidBrass, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

11. Chances are, you'll never have to deploy your concealed weapon in defense of your life. Either against a human nor animal. But if you do, you may have to do so thru a barrier. Auto glass, dry wall, sheet metal, or heavy muscle and bone with an animal. Gold Dots are bonded and respond better under these circumstances.

12. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

A buddy and I fired around 150-160 rounds of various underwood selections a few days ago: 165gr jhp, 200gr xtp, 180gr GS jhp, 180gr fmj..all fired consistently and grouped very well! I was usng my lwd barrel, so there werent any smiles, but nearly every primer was flattened to some extent! And maybe Im just dumb, but I really like the primers being flattened, it assures me the round is truly full power! I had a friend with me, who used to own a s&w sigma 9mm, needless to say, he was very surprised by the 10mm power and Glock accuracy! His Sigma literally couldnt hit a paper plate from 7 yards. When I started flooding his brain with 10mm power facts, such as, it being more powerful than a 357magnum, and more energy at 100 yards than a 45 at point blank, etc...He was having a hard time believing me until I proved it to him by showing him energy data from online sources. Anyway, he and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! (at my expense, but thats ok, underwood is such a good deal that I dont mind as much, all in all, it cost me about $80 in ammo that day...)

#232 arushus, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  14. Wanted to let you all know the Gold Dots are back in stock.

Also wanted to say a big THANK YOU to those who have purchased and left feedback on the website. After switching hosts we lost some of what customers had written. Any help replenishing that would be greatly appreciated.

And to those who had asked about the quantity discounts - the volume discount feature is now built into the new website. Baby steps, slow and steady.

15. DeLo

Awesome thanks Kevin!

16. Saw that yesterday and picked up 5 boxes :) got your golden saber 165 and 180 fmj and both are very noticeable difference in these and other factory loads I was shooting. My accuracy seems off with the fmj but was right on with the golden sabers. Thinking the Gold dots will be my main carry :)

17. 11 more boxes coming my way :) 6-165 GD, 5-180 GD

18. 10-acious

10-acious A Perfect 10

Redirect that UPS truck this way. :supergrin:

19. :) lol I need all the ammo I can get for practice. Trying to tame this beast with the real deal ammo. So far I am losing lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

20. SolidBrass

SolidBrass Against Shiny

Pretty cool to see Hickok45 shoot some Underwood.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEijY1jYbs8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEijY1jYbs8[/ame]