close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Uncle Mike's Kydex Holster for G21

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Doughnutman_923, May 19, 2013.

1. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923
    Expand Collapse

Got this for just under $27 after tax. It seems pretty tough so far.

It has two adjustment screws under the trigger guard, tension is comparable to super-gluing the pistol in the holster... but an extremely fast draw can be had with practice. This one came with a paddle and belt loop, but the paddle is just more appealing to me. The holster can be dropped about 1'' down the paddle and it can also be canted forwards or backwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner
    Expand Collapse

I have a half-dozen of those in various sizes/variations; never had any trouble with any of them. Used several for informal competitions, local combat/IPSC/IDPA matches, and they all worked fine. I've also employed them for occasional woodswalking/hiking use, but they leave a bit more of the pistol exposed than I like, and when the wind blows, you'll get a LOT of dust on the gun (true of most holsters, of course).

A solid choice for that style of holster at that price-point, in my opinion.

3. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923
    Expand Collapse

I'm loving it so far. Especially for $26 and some change. The retention may seem excessive, but I like my Level I holsters like that.

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner
    Expand Collapse

On several of mine, I backed the screws out until they were barely adding any tension at all, and the holsters were still firmly holding the weapons. A gave them a dab of blue screw glue, and they are holding up just fine.

If you want some additional retention, the same company also makes almost the exact same holster with a synthetic thumbbreak strap added. I bought one of those on a clearance sale last year, and have used it both with and without the strap installed, with no problems.

Should mention, all my units are for Glocks.

#4 DJ Niner, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  5. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923
    Expand Collapse

I like to tango with my pistol before it actually releases. I open carry almost every day on and off duty. (I guess I'm just used to it?) and I'd hate someone to get the drop on me with my level I retention. (Even though I ALWAYS keep my strong hand free and place my elbow on the weapon when standing in line) lol They didn't have any with the strap, unfortunately.

#5 Doughnutman_923, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013