close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

UN to impose GUN CONTROLS on the USA

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TedG, Jul 18, 2012.

1. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Op-Ed: D-Day for gun control
    by Dick Morris
    TheHill.com

Without much fanfare and with as little publicity as possible, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will go to New York City to sign the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), now in the final stages of negotiation at the U.N. The treaty marks the beginning of an international crusade to impose gun controls on the United States and repeal our Second Amendment rights.

The ATT is nominally geared toward the purpose of stopping international arms sales to gangs, criminals and violent groups. But, as is so often the case with U.N. treaties, this is merely a convenient facade behind which to conceal the ATT's true intent: to force gun control on the United States.

Secretary Clinton will doubtless succeed in inserting language into the treaty asserting that it in no way is meant to restrict our right to bear arms. But even this language will be meaningless in the face of the overall construct set up by the treaty.

The ATT is to be administered by an International Support Unit (ISU), which will ensure that "parties [to the treaty] take all necessary measures to control brokering activities taking place within [their] territories … to prevent the diversion of exported arms to the illicit market or to unintended end users."

The ISU will determine whether nations are in compliance with this requirement and will move to make sure that they do, indeed, take “all necessary measures.” This requirement will inexorably lead to gun registration, restrictions on ownership and, eventually, even outright bans on firearms.

Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton said it best: “After the treaty is approved and comes into force, you will find out that it has this implication or that implication and that it requires Congress to adopt legislation to restrict the ownership of firearms.”

Bolton explains that “the administration knows that it cannot obtain this kind of legislation in purely a domestic context. They will use an international agreement to get domestically what they couldn’t get otherwise.”

The treaty makes no sense otherwise, except as a circuitous vehicle to achieve gun control in the United States.

...Obama has left gun control off his legislative agenda so far. Now his strategy becomes apparent: Use international treaties to achieve it.

And bear in mind that under the Supremacy Clause of our Constitution, we would be obliged to enforce the ATT despite the Second Amendment. International treaties have the force of constitutional law in the United States.

If it is ratified during the lame-duck session of the Senate this year, then nothing can ever change it. Goodbye, Second Amendment.

Right now we need 34 courageous Republican senators to step up and demand that Hillary not sign the treaty, and indicate their intention to vote against its ratification if it is submitted. Only such an action can stop this treachery in its tracks.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

3. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

5. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

6. ray9898

ray9898

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

7. Restless28

Restless28

I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale, cheap. Don't delay!!!

8. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Over the years Bolton has become a guy I very much respect.

9. TactiCool

TactiCool

This is what I received in an e-mail this morning from my Congressman. Apparently it is not the big joke that some here have made it out to be.

10. RedTop

RedTop

I don't think people here are joking about the issue itself; they are joking about the number daily threads created about the issue (Jambogs).

11. Restless28

Restless28

I'm joking about the issue. The Senate must ratify a treaty with 60 votes. This U.N. issue is a non-issue.

12. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Non issue as much as being born in the U.S.A. to be President.

13. RedTop

RedTop

It's actualy 2/3 of the Senate, which makes it even less likely, but I put nothing past these dolts in Washington. Maybe not this year but what about next time?

14. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Kind of like Obama care right?

We have 5 conservative judges on the SCOTUS, it'll never pass. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Actually, the odds of it passing the Senate may not be as low as you think. To pass a treaty only requires "2/3's of the Senators present and voting!

Article II, Section 2: "He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;"

Not 2/3's of the Senate, 2/3's of the Senators "PRESENT". Who thinks that Harry Reid would not be above calling a snap vote on a Saturday night when only all the Democrats are there? :steamed:

Democrats have 51 seats, plus 2 independents who might as well be democrats. ANything at or over 51 is a quorum...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  16. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Apparently some don't understand politicians just want brownie points w/ some of their more uninformed constituents.

IGF

17. ray9898

ray9898

That really does not say anything....it is a canned response looking to increase political support for him by making you believe he is working to "protect your rights".

He "signed a letter expressing my concern" which notified them the treaty is non self-executing as it must be approved by Congress.

Well...no crap....everyone knows it must go through Congress but he makes it sound like he is actually actively intervening in something. All he is describing is the procedure with a spin to make him look like a hero.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  18. Acujeff

Acujeff

There are only two ways to beat the Treaty and its threat of UN imposed gun control – take back the Senate or beat Obama.

The fact that the NRA has succeeded in getting fifty-eight Senators to sign on opposing the Treaty is irrelevant. If Harry Reid won’t bring it up on the floor, it won’t get a vote. And, in the absence of Senate disapproval or a renunciation by the president, the United States is bound by the Treaty under the provisions of the Vienna Convention which we have both signed and ratified.

Nor will the Second Amendment offer us any protection. The Supremacy Clause in our own Constitution provides that treaties are the “law of the land” akin to a constitutional provision.

The answer is to beat Obama and give the Republicans a majority in the Senate. Either will suffice to kill the Treaty. A Republican majority leader would certainly bring the Treaty up for a vote and it would certainly be defeated, ending its power over the U.S. and a President Romney will doubtless renounce the Treaty on taking office.

Voting for anti-gun control Democratic candidates for Senate won’t work. Their leader would refuse to bring the Treaty up for a vote, regardless of how his members felt.

19. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

This is exactly what I was thinking :rofl::rofl:

I just watched it again the other day, too.

20. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

OK guys to help you all out I will sell on of my handguns right now for 1 million dollars and I'll do a extra hi cap mag for $225,000:tongueout: