close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Umm what the hell is going on?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RYT 2BER, Jan 13, 2013.

1. You know... I get the craziness with stuff like AK's, AR's and mags and such.

But why the hell is everything under the sun selling for totally overpriced numbers?

I mean regular semi auto shotguns like Mossberg spx are going for like a grand on gun broker???! Every firearm for sale is going for ridiculous premiums?

Why is this crap affecting stuff that wouldn't even be related to potential new legislation... Primers....powder...ammo...firearms that have nothing to do with anything. :dunno:

2. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    I just bought a new in box PS90 for $2000 at the gun show yesterday.

I sold a Saiga carbine in 5.56 for $750 today.

There are a ton of buyers out there looking to get a gun, and if they can't find what they want, then they buy what they can find. I am not complaining, except for the PS90 I had everything I wanted.

3. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    this madness isn't going to be clearing up any time soon, i'm guessing.

4. G29SFWTF

G29SFWTF

Aug 3, 2012
    People don't trust Obama and the Democrats on guns because they know their ultimate goal is total gun confiscation.

Obama is the most liberal president in US history with no more elections to worry about and a media that will never challenge him and the only thing standing in his way is a bunch of Republicans in the House that couldn't find their own asses with both hands and a flashlight.
    ---

Illinois Dems advance gun control bills; handguns, pump shotguns in ban

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...roup-warns-no/

---------------------------
    Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
    ---------------------------

5. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I love it.

I hope the firearms buying frenzy lasts for about four more years.

It's a helluva statement.

6. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    The few Blue States talking about banning all semi autos pushed the panic into all modern guns.

7. Which would you rather see?

Thousands of people buying guns and ammo, (I.E. Voting with their feet).

Or,

Everybody just giving a yawn and saying, "Big deal. They might ban guns."

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  8. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Absolutely!

Whenever somebody, esp one I know leans 'liberal', says something about hwo crazy the buying is (or a 'liberal' is around to hear/read it), I say....the people have spoken

9. Dawolf

Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Arizona
    Seeing Biteme Biden and Anyway-anyhow Holder holding court over the "gun Issue" if there was not a lot of panic going, then we are truly all Obama-Stepford zombies..........

10. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Hard to know what executive orders will be issued.

11. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Agreed

12. Well I'm not sure...

People credit cards will only go so far. I find it hard to believe that zillions of dollars in firearms and accessories have all sold in the last 4 weeks and its all in cash.

I'm guessing there are a lot of people out there with some significant debt right now due to frantic gun/accessories purchases :shocked: maybe I'm wrong though.

13. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Dude, you said it!!!!!:wavey:

People that have NEVER owned a gun in their life are buying them for the first time now....IT'S AWESOME!!!!

NObama is saying, "OOPS!":rofl:

I know that most of you don't believe that everything happens for a reason, but I do, and I believe that the tragedy in CT happened so that Americans would get off their couches and start being Americans again. This has lit a fire under people's butts and I think it will send a clear message to the POS in the White House that we will NEVER give up our guns!!!

If 2/3 of the population owns at least one gun and only 1% of that number refuses to turn them in, that is 2.5 MILLION guns pointed at the heads of confiscation squads across our nation.

I believe it would be over before it even begins!:wavey:

TGG

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  14. furioso2112

furioso2112

Dec 12, 2007
    Imagine, when the next reasonable-to-gun-rights executive takes office, after any craziness is repealed, overridden by additional executive order, and the NFA is re-written/overridden, the deals that will abound. By then, the economy will be on the uptick, people will have recovered from their overbuying in the last few years, and there will be a whole new round of buying, uninfluenced by past legislation.

Heck, if global climate change and droughts keep progressing, there might be MORE guns than blades of grass in the US (that could be worked into a statement about marijuana, too, I'm sure - at some point, foreign nations considering US invasion might be quoted to comment that there will be more guns than grass, and a bullet in every bong - something like that).

15. The_Gun_Guru

Hey, that's why Japan didn't invade in the 40's. They feared OUR GUNS!

The government should fear them too....if they are smart.

TGG

16. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Colorado
    Exactly.

He could very well go after ammo and/or ammo components just as easily, or even more easily than black rifles or hi cap magazines.

At this point, there's no way to know what's safe and what isn't.

17. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
  18. The_Gun_Guru

They can go after whatever they want, it's just going to add fuel to the fire.

American gun owners are sick and tired of liberal trash trying to get rid of the guns, a fundamental right given to us by the framer's of the Constitution, and we're not going to put up with it any longer.

It's now or never.

Do or DIE!!!!!:wavey:

TGG

19. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Colorado
    There are lots of gun owners out there, but how many are willing to put up a fight, and how many are willing to just roll over and take whatever comes?

I've seen a lot of the, "They're not going after my elk rifle, so I really don't care what they ban." type of attitude in the last few weeks.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  20. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Kansas
    I read in your posts an exuberance, and a confidence that gun owners have the edge and will garner a momentum the .gov can't, or won't challenge.

I caution you about underestimating the opponent. And I also caution you about over estimating our resolve. Remember, he was voted in twice.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013