close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ultimate theif fail....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by rtl, Apr 27, 2012.

1. rtl

rtl Robby The Guy Millennium Member

http://www.kansas.com/2012/04/27/2313634/thief-run-over-on-i-135-as-he.html

bottom line.....parolee tries to steal purse, gets in a tug of war with an 8 year old, gets chased away by dad, runs across highway to get away, stuck by car.

"The man entered the house, walked up to Cade, then reached down and grabbed a purse sitting beside Cade on the sofa.
    Cade, a third-grader at Dodge Literacy Magnet School, grabbed a strap on the purse, had a tug-of-war with the man and yelled for his mother.
    The thief ripped the purse away, leaving small cuts on the fingers of Cade’s right hand, and fled out the door.
    Both of Cade’s parents, Willy and Nikki Hall, were in the kitchen at the rear of the house in the 1500 block of South Kansas, across from North Linwood Park. When they heard Cade yell, they ran into the living room, then took off after the thief. Cade stayed in the house to watch out for his 4-year-old brother, Taylin.
    They took off after the man as he ran up a hill onto Harry and continued running east down the sidewalk.
    Nikki, a medical assistant, stopped when the thief dropped her purse on the sidewalk. Hall, a stay-at-home dad, wearing slippers on his feet, kept chasing the man, who still had his wife’s wallet.
    The chase went across the I-135 overpass on Harry, and down the embankment on the other side.
    Hall said he was closing in on the thief when the man suddenly bolted into traffic on I-135 and got struck by a car next to the Lincoln Street exit.
    Nikki’s wallet fell a couple feet from the man’s hand.
    The wallet contained no cash.
    Neither had the purse.
    The 50-year-old man, a parolee from a Kansas prison, suffered several broken ribs, a badly broken leg and a punctured lung when he was hit, said Lt. Doug Nolte. He was taken to a hospital and later was to go to jail."

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Sounds like a win to me!

Hope EMS hit every pothole and couldn't find their drug box on the three hour trip to the ER.

3. blender

blender

Unfortunately it wasn't the "ultimate".
    The state will now pay for his hospital bills and eventual incarceration. I suppose the good thing is he'll be off the streets.

4. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Yah! This is the real shame. Not Sarcasm!

5. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

I was just thinking how sad this is, such a tragedy.....

That the theif lived.

6. Combatcomm

Combatcomm

7. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Hospitals are very unhealthy places.

8. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Anyone who uses the phrase "easy as taking candy from a baby" has never tried taking candy from a baby. -- Robert Asprin