Ukraine - anything to learn from watching it?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by jdavionic, Feb 23, 2014.

1. The Ruskies are recalling their Ambassador from D.C. I can't imagine that is a good thing. Don't hear much coming out of the EU about standing up to this. As always... it should be interesting.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I'm still baffled by the troops without insignias. We've done that before, along with other nations...on very low-key missions with very few personnel. However why try to pretend with a swarm of helicopters and truckloads of troops?

3. WT

Millennium Member

Watching the people getting sniped .... maybe they should have moved to a different location after the first few were hit. Also too clustered.
    #23 WT, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  4. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

Troops without insignias. ...can do very bad things without repercussions! :shocked:

A bunch of civilians get sniped..

..real easy to say it was rebels, insurgents (fill-in-the-blank)!

The Ukrainians suffered greatly under Soviet rule..

..hopefully this armed incursion into their sovereign territory will be quickly routed.

But considering the POTUS we currently have..

..simply an invitation for aggressive behavior. ..IMO! :whistling:

5. ....

Reasonable? Not to me. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, its just that these people have been through tough times before. For example look up "Ukrainian starvation genocide". In His book, survivor Miron Dolot ,"Execution by Hunger" mentions several times that " we could not do X as firearms has long since been registered and collected".
    This allowed a motivated, left wing minority to starve and kill a much larger population. This should be sounding uncomfortably familar.

What Americans should learn from this is to NEVER give an inch of freedom, no matter how "reasoanble" it sounds. We have already given up far too much...but most have been programmed to think it 'unreasonable" or "extreme" to demand freedoms be recognoized by a government that stole them over 100 years ago, then dumbed the population down to the point where most would not notice. Furthermore, they then associate such beleifs and movements with ignorance and/or radicalism, or mental illness.

Anyone remember Allodial titles to land?
    Fully informed juries? jury nullification?
    Ordering an MG through the mail from Sears?
    Bearing personal self defense weapons without thinking one needs a Permit?

Gas masks and the like should be a pretty much standard item, especially on beans and weenies nights.
    In working in OC/CS gas, i can tell you i much prefer to have a mask than not. Its survivable, but i can get more done faster when i can breathe.
  6. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

+1 :thumbsup:

A psychopath with the power of a gun may murder 20 unarmed people in a gun-free zone..

..a psychopath in power vs an unarmed populace may murder 20 MILLION!!

Choose your poison. .

..but "death by government" in the last century alone killed hundreds of millions..

..starvation, torture, firing squad, babies cut from their mother's wombs, etc...

..Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Hitler, the list goes on & on!

All of the random violent acts of armed psychopaths combined in the last century is miniscule..

..compared to the sea of blood & mountains of bodies of the disarmed victims by psychopaths wielding political power! :shocked:

7. ^Outstanding post, I wish more cared.
  8. Well put. Too many people want to take a narrow view in order protect against the extreme while history shows us that "common sense" "reasonable" measures wind up with a far higher mortality rate.
  9. Lesson:
    Don't ever trust the f$%#ing Russians.
  10. LG1.....................................AMEN!!!:cool:
  11. Fixed it for you
  12. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

Yep....Aceman's post quoted below is the nexus of the logic of my reply...:upeyes:

..but my reply mirrors a firmly held belief of mine held since I was young.

Another very simple argument when faced with those who are confused by the relationship of our Government & the RTKBA.
    Our government does not "grant basic civil rights", but instead was established to protect god-given rights. Since citizens of the colonies freely bore arms prior to the establishment of our government. possibly then could the government "give" anyone that right.

To use the random acts of psychopaths to restrict the RTKBA to the point of being ineffectual..

( against the random psychopath.....much less the much more deadly political ones)

..would have been akin to restricting the smallpox vaccine because of side effects in a very small subset of the population..

..condemning millions upon millions...generation after generation to death.

A simple tour of history throughout the world time-after-time demonstrates the horror of wholesale carnage when citizens are stripped of their ability to protect themselves by/from their governments..

..and this was wisely understood & addressed by our Founding Fathers..

..but still some here would freely throw our rights away in the false belief it would give them a little security!

Regardless....pray for those in the Ukraine. .

..the events unfolding have the potential to spread far beyond the Crimea!
    #32 LongGun1, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  13. quake

Millennium Member

When china sides with russia (maybe soon, maybe not), that's when I plan to get seriously concerned.
  14. LongGun1

LongGun1 StraightShooter

Clinton set the stage for that alliance. ..IMO

..Obama is simply cementing the relationship... .again IMHO. .

My concern is China will end up being the Pacific Rim Superpower..

..and Russia the same over the European Theater.

IMO....The stage is set....

..the only question is...

..what horrors will manifest once the curtain finally rises! :whistling:

A CONUS HEMP would be a most effective preamble...IMO! :faint:
  15. If they really wanted to, they could coordinate Russia conquering Europe (minus the UK) while China simultaneously conquers Japan and SE Asia (minus S Korea and Taiwan).
  16. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

lesson learned; elections have consequences.
  17. China is not going to side with anyone but China.

Anymore, I do not believe elections have significant consequences. The difference between a crap sandwich with ketchup vs one with mustard isn't much. Local - that's a very different story…

Just to be clear: I'm willing to risk a Schizo w/ a gun vs the rest without them. Vaccine is good analogy. Yep - someone is gonna react badly….but the vast majority will not only be fine, but be stronger.

Death by Government. Interesting….And agreed - the first system is disarm.
    #37 Aceman, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  18. Morris

19. WT

Millennium Member

If you are going to revolt and overthrow the government, don't be surprised by unintended aftermath.

If you are going to revolt and overthrow the government, make sure your side wins.
    #39 WT, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  20. quake

Millennium Member

Yep; both true. What China does, they do for their own self-interest; which is frankly logical & even commendable in a government. China has had official semi-cordial relations with russia, largely for geographic & anti-west reasonings imo, for a good while now. But when they get actively in russian direct-actions, that's when my ears will perk up quickest.

If/when I see russian & china together taking joint or parallel actions in the middle east, that's when I'm cranking up the backhoe.
    #40 quake, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014