close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Uhh...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Z71, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    ...I knocked the front sight slick off my Glock 19 today!:crying:

However I found it and stuck it back on.

Guess it's time to order some night sights for my G19 and G17(my G17 pistol's front sight is about worn-off)

Who's got decent prices on Ameri-glo..Mepro's or whatever brand steel nite-sites?....I notice some suppliers I checked were markedly higher on the same brand sights than others.

I don't think I want any more plastic sights. :upeyes:

2. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    Hmm..Aren't the Glock front sights stake-on?

3. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    The only time I have ever seen them staked on, is from the factory.

4. Gavin S.

Gavin S.

Oct 8, 2012
    They're held on with a small nut.

5. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    Yes!!..That's what I'm looking for

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Good thing you found the sight even if you replace it.

7. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

May 24, 2012
    Tampa,Florida
    Opticsplanet.com usually has sales on weekends

8. Z71

Z71

Oct 29, 2006
    OK
    I ordered a couple sets of the Glock sites...plus a sure-fire mag and a Mini 14 30 shot mag from GT Distributing.

Hope they're a reputable company!!...I've never heard of them before.

As far as knocking my front sight off(and finding it)...I think the G19 had maybe taken a front sight hit sometime in the past. The pistol dates to approx. 1990 and is in excellent shape excepting a buggered front sight.

I've been just using the G19 like I received it..buggered front sight and all...however I snagged it on the plywood top of my shooting table this evening..and the sight came right off! Wasn't all that hard a hit either.

Anyhow..I sort of straightened out the little plastic 'wings' that retain the blade to the slide. Then tucked it back in the hole and pushed the pin-looking thing back into the sight. Seems sturdy as ever...and I fired probably sixty shots or better and it stayed put.

The G19 is getting new sights anyhow. I don't think much of the stock plastic sights, and never really understood just why Glock used plastic for standard sights anyway.

New sights were in my future..and I have a topic from a couple months back about self installing Glock sights....I just never bought any until now.

9. Glock40man

Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    I have bought a few sets of sights from them and, a few spare Glock magazines as well.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  10. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    Ameriglo sells (or at least used to sell) a front site with a little wrench. I like a night sight on front only, so it was a good choice for me.