Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

UGHHHH Dilemma

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Fwdftw, Feb 5, 2012.

  1. Fwdftw


    Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    So i want this...14.5 inch barrel with Troy TRX 13inch rail

    Except a bc 1.5 pinned on the end and a lightweight barrel.. what is the cheapest and most convenient way to do this?:wavey:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Fwdftw


    Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    Guess my question really is can I buy a lower build this upper and have the battle comp pinned and welded after the fact ?

    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

  3. No. You have to have someone build the upper with the comp pinned and welded, or just buy the barrel with it already done. You cannot possess a 14.5 inch barrel without the tax stamp, even to pin and weld a comp on it. Just ordering it you have to go through the paperwork for an SBR unless it goes to a shop.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. boomhower


    Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    Give adco a call and let them price the upper for you. Be careful having the upper and lower before its pinned. Even if not assembled constructive possession is painful
  5. Fwdftw


    Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    I'm wanting a psa lightweight midlength upper those specs with the 13inch trx and bc 1.5 .. if its gonna be a huge old deal ill just go 16inch

    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  6. BBJones


    Mar 2, 2010
    Just a barrel with it pinned already? How would he mount it the rail, gas block and barrel to an upper?

    No you do not have to do paper work to order a barrel shorter than 16". Where are you coming up with this stuff?

    OP - you can order all the parts and have them sent to whoever is going to do the work for you, if you are that worried about it (assuming FFL).
  7. Mayhem like Me

    Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

    Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Here is the REAL answer.

    Do not have a lower receiver at your home or in your possesion

    Buy the barrel and the upper, I just built one of these.

    Get a Lo Pro gas block and tube.

    Insert upper into action block clamp, insert barrel. use the TROY barrel nut supplied , put anti seize on the upper threads.

    tighten the nut and losen three times and on the final line up the gas tube valley and get between 30-60lbs of torque.

    Place gas tube into lo pro gas block , afix on barrel and use the set screws provided.

    take upper to gunsmith with flash hider and have him Blind pin and weld the flashider on.


    I measure by putting in my bolt and carrier and running a cleaning rod down till it hits the bolt, mark the rod, pull out and measure.. go for 16.1 inches....
    On your way home pick up your lower.

    you can now asssemble the rail sections where you want and place the rail on the weapon.

    Afix upper and lower and viola no laws were broken...
    I use a larue scope mount to bridge the gap between upper and rail while tightening so the rail is perfectly lined up.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  8. surf


    Jul 7, 2010
    What are you estimating your budget to be?
  9. Fwdftw


    Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    Surf about 1300 total with out optics ill send u my parts list

    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine