close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

UFOs - if you don't believe, you aren't paying attention

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by leadcounsel, Jul 17, 2012.

1. leadcounsel

leadcounsel

Sep 20, 2005
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mia70txRLXc&feature=related"]Best UFO's Documentary - I Know What I Saw (2010) - YouTube[/ame]

This link is a great video, about 90 minutes. Excellent eyewitness accounts, pictures and videos.

Centuries, and even the most recent decades of witnesses accounts. Many credible witnesses. Solid videos and pictures. Radar. Soil samples.

So... what are your preps for when 'they' visit?

This is not to be taken too seriously, but just to start a conversation.

2. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    I don't take it seriously. As a matter of fact I think 80% of UFO sightings are hoaxs. Now with that being said, It would be arogant for mankind to believe that we are the onlly living beings in the vastness of the galaxies. Who knows maybe someday will will have contact.

3. I saw this thing back in the late 90's, not a clue what it was. All I know is there is not I know of that could be that big fly so low go so slow and not make a sound. All three of my kids watched it to. Was fun to see who knows :dunno:

4. This except I'd peg that number at 99%.

5. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Just playing devil's advocate here, because I genuinely don't claim to have the right "yes" or "no" answer on the subject. But say that's exactly right; that 80-99% are bogus. Considering the literally thousands of 'sightings' every year just in the usa alone, wouldn't that mean that, at a minimum, dozens - or even hundreds - are not hoaxes?

Some may be real, maybe none are real; I don't know or claim to know. But basing it on "almost all of them are bound to be bogus" inherently decrees that some number aren't.

Personally, I think they may exist, and they may not. It may also be experimental aircraft we just haven't (officially) seen yet. It may also be any of a dozen other things; either threatening or not. I unfortunately don't have any good way to definitively ascertain "the" answer, so I just accept that I may never really know for sure & move on with my day. :dunno:

6. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I don't believe in UFOs - I do believe in other alien civilizations. In other words, I don't think anyone who has saw one of these UFO's has actually witnessed a UFO - however, I fully acknowledge their potential existance.

This belief is based on the documentaries I've watched, the thought our best scientists and physicists know what they are talking about and my very limited understanding of the possibility of interstellar travel.

Even this said, I have seen an "aircraft" on my way to work one morning which defies any understanding I know of.

*And if our potential Alien Overlords are monitoring this post I for one welcome you. If you plan on taking over our bodies, please let mine be someone who enjoys beer

As for preps we have no chance. If they are the Star Trekkie "we want you to join our Federation" types - great.

If they are the "resistance is futile" type we are screwed. Any civilization advanced enough to travel to this planet will treat us like a rented mule. This won't be Independence Day...it will be Falling Skies where humans will become more of an annoyance than anything. I just hope the anal probing is kept to a minimum.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  7. How is this Survival and Prep related?

IMO, this sub-forum is not the clearing house for fringe theories and conspiracies.

I have to go now, the mothership is calling.

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

If they can master instellar travel on this scale, we are screwed.

9. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    I think 80% are planned hoaxes.
    I think 19.9999999999999999999999999999999.....% are people seeing things that are KNOWN Flying Objects.

Then there is a very tiny possibility that something from another plannet or plain of existance visited us.

I believe in string theory (i.e. other plains).
    I believe that with the Universe as large as it is....there has to be life somewhere else.

What I don't understand is why people believe that these aliens are sneaking around our plannet and getting caught. If they have mastered getting here from their home, they probably have ways to hide from us.

10. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    They are indeed among us, we just don't take time to notice, here's proof:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GI-7iAIx-k"]Hidden Aliens in South Park! - YouTube[/ame]

11. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Hey sometimes the political BS opens up here why not open it for UFOs. At least UFOs are more realistic than the politicians. :whistling:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  12. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    There has never, ever been one shred of physical evidence recovered that proves that we have been visited by aliens from another world. Not one piece, in the history of the world, ever!

UFOs are simply conventional earthbound aircraft that haven't been identified.

I don't care how vast the universe is, we are a fluke. I do not believe that there are other worlds out there that support life. Even if there was the chance of them having the capability of space travel and breaking the laws of physics is nill, nadda. Ain't gonna happen.

Finally, Doesn't matter how much humans want to believe in some advanced civilization to come and either destroy us or save us from ourselves, there isn't one. As pathetic as humans are, we are it, the top of the food chain. We are stuck having to solve our own problems on earth.

13. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    Its not but honestly its a viable threat. Personally I think an Alien invasion of earth is more realistic than stupid zombies.

14. Akita

Akita gone

Jul 22, 2002
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Well if you're bound and determined to hash it out, make sure you read up on guerilla vs. alien warfare. Two books, the first a "white paper," the second a "how to" manual.

Alien Invasion by: Dr. Travis S. Taylor & Dr. Bob Boan

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/An-Introduction-Planetary-Defense-Extra-Terrestrial/dp/1581124473"]Amazon.com: An Introduction to Planetary Defense: A Study of Modern Warfare Applied to Extra-Terrestrial Invasion (9781581124477): Travis S. Taylor, Bob Boan, R.C. Anding, T. Conley Powell: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511QZWhXT7L.@@AMEPARAM@@511QZWhXT7L[/ame]

Yes, the same Doc. Taylor from National Geographic's Rocket City Rednecks. I've not read either book but I have read some of Doc. Taylor's science-fiction, which I can recomend.

16. leadcounsel

leadcounsel

Sep 20, 2005
    Who cares about the 99% of fakes. All it takes is .000000001% of the sightings to be aliens... and they exist. What if JUST ONE of the sightings is true!? You can't say ALL of them are explainable.

You can't ignore all of the "evidence" in the form of eye witness testimony and VIDEOs that simpy cannot be explained. Professional pilots, military folks, etc. seeing things that cannot be explained.

I personally saw something when I was about 12. It was unexplainable technology then. It's unexplainable technology even today, some 3 decades later. I've watched our technology advance in many ways, even in the military with drones and aircraft. I have never seen anything in any countries arsenal of aircraft that replicated what I saw when I was 12. There is no worldly explanation. And the fact that others saw it that night, and that others have described what I saw confirms to me that I did not imagine it.

As for aliens allowing themselves to be seen... I don't know. Maybe they have lights on so our aircraft don't hit them. Maybe they WANT to be seen, on some level. Possibly wanting to test our hostilities? Maybe they are probing us. Maybe they don't care. Maybe they are the irresponsbile "joyriding" teenager aliens. Maybe their indifference is similar to you caring if the mouse in your kitchen sees you.... it is powerless to harm you.

I remember a line from the movie "The Butterfly Effect." Something like, "Why don't ghosts talk to us?" "Because they are too sophisticated; have you ever tried having a conversation with a bug?" Maybe aliens are just too sophisicated that we just cannot comprehend what they have to communicate, so they just observe and study us; we have nothing to offer them so why would they complicate their lives with our petty human infighting...?

17. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    I think odds are that there is life elsewhere in the universe. I think the odds are that it is too far away for us to even ever know its there.

18. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    Kinda long, I think the best part of the answer starts at 8:00 in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJElZwEI8o"]Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson on UFOs - YouTube[/ame]

19. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    I think that those who believe in alien visitations need to work on their cognitive reasoning skills. I see your Drake equation and raise you one Fermi paradox.

-the "evidence" is nothing more than circumstantial at best, misinterpretations probably, deliberately misleading at worst. Show one actualy physical proof.
    -the belief in alien visitation is infered from other items of history, i.e., the pyramids (we weren't technically capable of building them), Englands Stone henge (we weren't adavnced enough to make such a calender), pyramids (ziggurat style) in South America (how did two separate civilizations develop such similar structures) and the like.
    -Humans are predisposed to look for patterns and believe in consipiracies. Look up type II errors for a better understanding of why it makes evolutionary sense for us to make mistakes of this type.

Unidentified does not have to mean aliens.

20. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Agreed! Some folks watch way too many Zombie movies and in their minds believe its true. These are the same people who think that the WWF wrestling is real.:upeyes:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012