close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

UFC 57 results

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by gr81disp, Feb 7, 2006.

1. gr81disp

gr81disp Bushbot v1.0

Sep 19, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    UFC 57 was held Satuday February 4th, here are the results:

Preliminary bouts:

Mike Whitehead v. Keith Jardine - Jardine UD
    Jeff Monson v. Brandon Lee Hinkle - Monson KO R1
    Paul 'The Headhunter' Buentello v. Gilbert Aldana - Buentello TKO R2
    'The King of Rock and Rumble' Elvis Sinosic v. Alessio Sakara - Sakara UD

Undercard bouts:

Joe 'Diesel' Riggs v. Nick Diaz - Riggs UD
    Renato 'Babalu' Sobral v. Mike Van Arsdale - Babalu Sub. R1
    Marcio 'Pe de Pano' Cruz v. Frank Mir - Cruz Ref Stoppage R1
    Brandon Vera v. Justin Eilers - Vera KO R1

Main Event - Light-Heavyweight Championship

Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell v. Randy 'The Natural' Couture - Liddell KO R2

All the guys I was rooting for except Babalu, Buentello, and Vera LOST!!! Also, the sport suffered a great loss as Randy Couture announced his retirement at the age of 43.

2. Victory

Victory

Oct 28, 2004
    PA
    Randy couldn't fight forever. Was probably the most appropriate time for him to retire. He definately did a lot to increase the popularity of the sport. He'll probably have a nice long coaching career like Miletich.

IMO, Babalu needs to fight the winner of Griffen-Ortiz for a shot at the title. He's been very impressive as of late and has won against some big names.

There has to be a Pride-UFC crossover fight sometime in the future. Lots of guys there that would make a good match for lidell. Fillipovic only needs to shave 8 lbs to be LHW division. That or chuck could bump to HW. Consider that.

3. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

May 20, 2000
    Tennessee
    Hey guys, I cant wait to see the Griffen-Ortiz fight. I hope Griffen puts a hurt lock on Ortiz...I don't like Ortiz much--way too much mouth. Randy was a total class act, was he not? That guy is great, the UFC needs all the fighters like him it can get.

4. gr81disp

gr81disp Bushbot v1.0

Sep 19, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    I sooooo want Griffin to win, but to be realistic Ortiz will probably come away with the win. It is like Griffin's response when someone asked him what he had over Tito.

"Well, he is better standing up than I am. He's better on the ground too. I suppose I'm funnier than he is."

5. Victory

Victory

Oct 28, 2004
    PA
    You heared what he said before his last fight? He apologised to his mother for the severe disfiguring trauma he assumed he would suffer.

Was not the case. Forrest Griffen is a smartass...that's why we like him....that and he can fight.

6. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Orygun
    ;z

7. Woooooo!! Hoooooo!!!!!!! DO it CHUCK!!!!!! Put him into retire to boot!!!!;D

8. Skpotamus

Skpotamus

Oct 14, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Chuck did a good job, I just wish he could KO someone without some controversy of some kind. He got Randy in the eye again with a gouge during their fight, right before the KO punch came over the top. Sherdog posted a good pic of it on their site.

It sucks that Randy retired, but he needed to, he'd definitely lost a step. When he fought Chuck the first time, he made Liddell look like he didn't even belong in the same ring as him, the last three fights Randy has had have made him look old and worn out.