close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

TYRO JOURNAL - BOG's Guide to Help Out Newbie

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by men16x, Feb 15, 2012.

1. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Yes master A, I fumble a lot. Hindi ko pa rin maiwasan mgreengage lalo na i cant see my hit pag far targets (Medyo mahina n mata ko but I prefer shooting without my eyeglasses). Will post a video pag ok na Internet connection ko.

Thanks a lot again.

2. ans3288

ans3288

Nov 29, 2004
    men16x. i am not a seeded shooter (seedless lang), so i dunno if my personal opinion is any good, analyze mo na lang :)

pero if people observe you to be not in sync with your gun it means hindi fluid ang movement mo. to tell you the truth, the top shooters out here, solid example is ED MARTIN, when you see him shoot, you'll tell yourself swabe kumilos, but the time on the timer is very very low, parang time stands still when you watch him shoot! another example would be stephen hinojales, when you see him shoot open, cadence nya is STANDARD and shooting for him is EFFORTLESS!!! makes you wonder why you are having a hard time doing good!

what am saying is that fluid movements (walang kanto) will make your times much lower. but to tell you the truth, dont be mindful of the timer, just tell your brain that its just a signal to tell you to start shooting, the reading on the timer is irrelevant. i dont work good under pressure so why add to the fact that i have to get a fast time? hehehe.

try to slow down a bit, you'll feel you are shooting in SLOOOW MO bec you are conscious of the sights, etc, but in fact you might end up being FASTER bec. no wasted movement, no fumbles. rarely do i experience this, but when it happens, things turn out all right.

i shoot to escape reality temporarily and thats where i am at when i am at the range :)

3. ans3288

ans3288

Nov 29, 2004
    sa totoo lang, i dont SEE my hits anymore 15meters up, i just point the gun, concentrate on the sight picture and pull the trigger. lumabo na din kaunti ang mata ko but the focus on my sight picture is still ok :) bilib ako kay ahtsay! when he is shooting, he can shoot one board and verify the last boards he shot so that when he misses something, binabalikan nya before he leaves his shooting position! awesome talent!!! :whistling:

4. ans3288

ans3288

Nov 29, 2004
    i am afraid to answer at masasabihan akong adik! :rofl: (from my answer you have a concrete idea what am going to shoot!)

5. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Here's my video in 1 stage:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmD3uaTMK6w&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

I even forgot what my gun condition was. Sigh...

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  6. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Idol Ans,

Yes your definitely right. I'm a work in progress. Hopefully my learning curve will be that good.

Thanks for all the wisdom.

7. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Ah.. You'll be shooting all the weekend matches in your area.. :cool: sana pwede rin ako ganyan...:upeyes:

8. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    You dont need to see your hits , you just need to call your shots
    re: fumbling
    kung talagang masyado ka napapabilis , one way of controling your speed and move smoother is to shoot A's or al least keep aiming at them

mabilis , mabagal,or puro kanto anytime I want to practice galaw, I do it w/out the distraction of live fire
    Pa ulit ulit

9. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Thanks a lot Master A. I really appreciate all your teachings.

10. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Here's my vid at a funshoot today. I'm a very proud DUD-dy in this match. All the 5 stages I had duds. Will not use Russo primers anymore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJEb16cOdQ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone

11. jawel

jawel

Jan 30, 2007
    manila
    baket hindi ko mapanuod yung video mo men16x? it says video is private

12. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    eto na lang
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ILBFDTsi_0&feature=g-upl&context=G2469b99AUAAAAAAAAAA"]hatcam stage 5.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEqwTAqo2_M&feature=endscreen"]stage 5.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  13. ans3288

ans3288

Nov 29, 2004
    ayaw ni jasonhub ng poppers, mas madali tamaan ang plates, hehe. nice shooting!

14. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    Don't know bro. I just copied and pasted yun link. Ulitin ko ulit. ;)

15. goodtj

goodtj Shotgun lover

Oct 13, 2008
    Phil.

dapat sa youtube public ang video and hindi naka private

16. Nice shooting Jason. Ano brand ng hatcam mo and magkano? Parang maganda magkaroon. Is it lightweight?

17. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    any combat personnel dito sa BOGs?
    pwede mag request ng hat cam hehe
    dami sa youtube kaso nasa afghanistan

18. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3y8mGnawoM"]Primehills v1 - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone

19. men16x

men16x

Sep 26, 2008
    Philippines
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG00RLPZhWM"]Sta. Maria - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone

20. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    based on those 2 vids , di naman pala parang kiti kiti
    I was expecting worse :)
    Pero I'm actually impressed your fast for a newbie
    Hindi tentative nor sabog sabog ang galaw
    You're right , it will get better when your shooting and gun handling skills get better
    Dont slow down ,ayusin mo lang patama mo

Kamusta hits jan sa vid?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012