close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Typical Pant size increase?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by gtoglocker, Jan 30, 2012.

1. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    Im just starting in the world of CC. I've got a G26, crossbreed IWB holster and a crossbreed spare mag holster IWB. I should be receiving my comp-Tac kydex reinforced belt by the end of the week.
    Is there a general rule of thumb when buying pants designed to fit all of this inside my waist band? One size bigger? Two sizes? Is it a trial thing? Just gotta try different sizes of different brands?
    Any input is appreciated.

2. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    It really depends on the pants. Generally, I look for 1" larger in the waist size. However I have one pair of jeans that fit fine with or without my MTAC rig. Most of my cargo shorts are fine at my normal size.

I would recommend trying it on the pants you have first. If it doesn't work, try buying 1 pair at 1" bigger and see if that works...versus going out and getting several now.

3. nosuchagency

nosuchagency ...

Feb 3, 2006
    imho, it's going to be a damned tight fit going up only 1 size with the mag carrier thrown into mix; e.g., no chinese buffet, golden corral, etc. ymmv though...

4. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
  5. This.

Because 1" only covers your pie intake, and you'll need the other 1" for the gun. :)

6. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I missed that he also had a mag carrier IWB too. I agree if you throw that in the mix, just 1" might be too snug.

7. harrygunner

harrygunner

Sep 4, 2010
    I only carry IWB and use my regular pant size comfortably.

8. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    I wear both 32 and 33. Obviously 33 is a little bit more comfy. More room. I tried the 33's with both holstered gun and mag in carrier. It was doable, but not the most comfy. My jeans that are 32 would be completely out of the question (not worth trying). I guess I will buy a pair in both 34 and 35 and see what feels better. Return the other.

9. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I'm the same size...32 normal size. Just bought Levi jeans in two sizes - 32 & 33. The 32 works for MTAC for me, but the 33 is better. However I have started putting my extra mag in a leatherman pouch, so it's never IWB.

10. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    Yep. I wear alot of 5.11's and they only come in sizes that are 2" increments over 40. I wear a 42" with an IWB holster and 40" without. Also a good belt is important.

FWIW, I lost 10-lbs in the last month, hopefully it continues.

11. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    I wear a 32" waist. Could get away with a 31", even when carrying IWB, pretty tough to find a 31" waist though.

12. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
    I normally wear a 32 but find if I have my gun AND mags IWB 34 works best. And of course make sure you have a good carry belt.

13. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    I have a belt that was shipped tonight. Should be here by the end of the week. comp-tac kydex reinforced taper style.

14. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Feb 15, 2006
    Las Vegas
  15. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Same holster, I went 2 inches larger and works fine for me. Beltman also.

16. rg1

rg1

Aug 5, 2003
    Kentucky
    36's fit me snug and size 38's is what I wear for a G19 in an M-Tac. Go at least 2 sizes larger. Can't even get the 36 jeans to button at the top with IWB carry. If I knew of some stretch waistband jeans I'd buy them.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  17. mike28w

mike28w

Jul 4, 2009
    Idaho !!
    I amost always wear jeans and I needed to go up from a 34" to a 36" for IWB ( I don't carry an extra mag)..... They're a little loose in the butt, but I'm past the age when chicks are looking at my butt anyway....:whistling:

( Butt was never much to look at anyway....how's that for TMI ??):wow: :rofl:

18. For me...............and I'm almost 6' tall and about 180lbs............I find that to be comfortable with an IWB holdster, I need to go 2 sizes or 2 "inches" larger in the waist to have the same level of comfort "non-carrying".

To the OP.........sounds like you're hung up on waist size...........get over it.................waist size goes up as you get older.........and smarter!!!:cool:

19. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    Why would I be hung up on waist size?? Im buying pants to accomidate a gun and extra mag. I just wanted to gather a general idea of what the average pant size increase is before going out and hunting for new pants.

20. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    I don't think people were giving waist size for comparison, just examples that tend to show that 2" difference in IWB waist size is what you should consider.