close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Two recent shooting involving .22 round to the head. Not effective at all!!

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by BIGGUNS911, Mar 18, 2013.

1. gatorboy

gatorboy

Jul 26, 2001
    It's pretty nice
    Damn, sorry about your loss. Indeed, you never do know.

2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I guess that he could afford a divorce . . . . .:upeyes:

3. Cream Soda Kid

Cream Soda Kid

Jul 16, 2010
    Colorado
    Thank you.

4. Mattkcc

Mattkcc

Dec 21, 2010
    The cases I've seen the 22 to the head did the job, none of those folks are around to complain. I've also seen people survive 357 and 30-06 rounds to the head, 22 round nose bullet easily penetrates the skull and normally zip around in the skull instead of exiting. What makes them so dangerous in a head shot is the hole quickly gets plugged and pressure builds up and you die. The 357 head shot survivor walked out of the hospital several weeks later, granted he didn't walk real well but he did walk. He had two nice big holes in his head that didn't get clogged, the exit of course being much larger.

5. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    You had eye protection, I hope?

6. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

Walmart reading glasses... ;)

Thanks amigo !

CM

7. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

Wow, thank you amigo ! I rarely get "nice comments through the day any more.." It is always 'refreshing' to know I'm not FOP ! At least you said I aint. Ha. I get called alot of things on the ranch sometimes ! haha.

I don't know how 'cool' I am, at least my grandkids think I am. ha. But I sure have strived all my life to be 'real,' and just be me... Folks can take me or leave me I rekcon. :supergrin:

As for a 'CM pic thread....' Man That's not only going to fill up GT, but liable to run everyone off. ! HaHa.. I got a little 'album' under my 'veiw public profile' thing on here, we probably best leave it at that man ! ha.

Thanks gatorboy !

Watch your six pard. No one elese will !

CanyonMan

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  8. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    The suspect was booked in the Grant County Juvenile Center for two counts of attempted homicide and will go before a judge Monday afternoon.
    For future developments with this story, read Tuesday’s edition of the Columbia Basin Herald.
    — Herald staff

9. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Jul 19, 2004
    Oregon
    When I was a paramedic I hauled a number of GSW, a large portion were .22LR wounds. some were accidental, most were arm, hand, leg wounds. But the head wounds a good third of them died in route. chest and abd wounds usually survived.
    But if that little bullet hits your brain, your Aorta, or some other large vessel your chance of dying are good.

10. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Alex, what is how not to assemble a Glock?

11. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

I never read instructions !!! :supergrin:

CanyonMan

12. JackMac

JackMac

Mar 13, 2011
    TX
    I've seen a man shot in the head with a 38 which did not penetrate his skull...zipped around under the skin and popped out behind his ear. Now, I've seen bodies where they were shot with a 22 and it did them in. Typically abdominal shots....slow death. Saw one where a 25 to the chest killed a man, heart shot. Saw another where a 38 shot to the back popped out the front just below the rib cage....the guy lived. I guess the message here is shot placement can be important.

13. Mr.Reignman

Mr.Reignman

Mar 26, 2011
    Sounds like the boy had good shot placement. Oh wait, is that in poor taste?....

14. digilo

digilo

Apr 27, 2010
    texas

A LOADED CHAMBER DOES NOT "ENDANGER YOURSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE"

MISINFORMATION IS AS DEADLY AS CARELESSNESS

Why are you confusing 40-year old Mossad tactics with current-day self-defense? One has very little to do with the other. To someone so obviously afraid of firearms, I'm sure that since both involve "GUNS", both are the same subject. But self-defense tactics and 40-year old Mossad tactics are 2 different things.

And who goes around calling themselves a "pistolero"??

15. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    What a horrible photo!!!!

16. rockapede

rockapede

Sep 3, 2009
    FYI, there isn't really any point in responding to him.

17. SCmasterblaster

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    That's a 10mm, from what I can tell. I hope that no one was hurt.